Cade Povich 2024

emmett16

I'll admit I have some hope for a spot start sooner rather than later.

I think the Only Bring Them Up when they are ready to stay up ethic is more for Bats.

The nature of pitching is so fleeting, and the shape of rosters after the trade deadline so different, I can more understand a case for making hay while the sun is shining.    Povich won't have enough rest to cover Irvin's tomorrow turn, but it wouldn't shock me if Povich got a spot start before becoming a regular.

Some adjustment from current will be needed if they want to get Grayson into the Yankees series.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

I'll admit I have some hope for a spot start sooner rather than later.

I think the Only Bring Them Up when they are ready to stay up ethic is more for Bats.

The nature of pitching is so fleeting, and the shape of rosters after the trade deadline so different, I can more understand a case for making hay while the sun is shining.    Povich won't have enough rest to cover Irvin's tomorrow turn, but it wouldn't shock me if Povich got a spot start before becoming a regular.

Some adjustment from current will be needed if they want to get Grayson into the Yankees series.

Povich getting a spot start within the next 14 days and becoming a regular in the rotation would totally shock me but so did the timing of the Holliday promotion so anything is possible.

• Upvote 1

To be clear, I just think it might be a spot start in Kansas City to buy an extra couple weeks to Means, and minimize Cole Irvin (or Wells if that is the call, but I'm more bearish on Irvin).

Minnesota's offense has been ice cold early, and Correa just hit the IL, so if Irvin can't hold serve there...it was 3 starts for him last year too.

1 minute ago, mddisney said:

in principle that is what he said

As far as saying that AAA guys are going to force their way up he qualified that by saying they’re not just going to jump over proven ML players.  

Just now, RZNJ said:

As far as saying that AAA guys are going to force their way up he qualified that by saying they’re not just going to jump over proven ML players.  

Splitting hairs, he also said these problems work themselves out (injuries etc)  I stand by with the principle that he said he is not going to keep people down there thriving.  I get it.  Go O's.  It is nice to be in this position... for a change

K/9 rising while BB/9 lowering all while being fairly pitch efficient is very encouraging.  I think he’s finished with his “work on stuff” phase and has moved on to “how to get batters out” phase.  

• Upvote 1

A small run of guys maybe around Povich's general level are having MLB debuts around now, in some instances as injury fill-ins - HOU Spencer Arrighetti, CHW Nick Nastrini, TEX Jack Leiter just announced.

High above, PIT Paul Skenes could be any day now, unless he needs to work on the Super 2 stuff as well.

Roster Resource actually has Pittsburgh momentarily on a 9-man bullpen, and nobody listed for Friday night when they open a home series with the Red Sox.    Hmmm....

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

A small run of guys maybe around Povich's general level are having MLB debuts around now, in some instances as injury fill-ins - HOU Spencer Arrighetti, CHW Nick Nastrini, TEX Jack Leiter just announced.

High above, PIT Paul Skenes could be any day now, unless he needs to work on the Super 2 stuff as well.

Roster Resource actually has Pittsburgh momentarily on a 9-man bullpen, and nobody listed for Friday night when they open a home series with the Red Sox.    Hmmm....

In other news, so has Forrest Whitley...

Anyone have access to the ABS results from tonight's game?  It seems like there was a total of 10 or 11 challenges between the two teams with 6 or 7 of them overturned.  Jen Pawol was really bad tonight.  Angel Hernandez bad, no joke.