4/7 at Pirates

Morgan423

Worried about the Sox.  They played the Orioles very tough last year once they went to their youth movement.  Orioles won 101 I. Part because they were down last year and the Yankees and Rays were ravaged by injuries. 

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

We have one of the best bullpen numbers in baseball so far this year.  It is like people don’t even pay attention.  The offense is giving the pitching staff no breathing room that is the issue in most the games outside 1st 2 games.  Some guys  need to start hitting by May or there will be some moves coming.  

It's nine games... You are ready to blow out the offense and crown the bullpen after nine games. I know what both are capable of over a long season, because I have seen it in 2023. And it will be the same this year, because the players are the same.

3 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I think the bats are what we thought. Bullpen will ruin the season/postseason/our BP once again if nothing's done.

If that’s true then we’ll be fine, because more bats are on the way. 

6 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Managers very rarely get an opportunity to use just 1 or 2 pitchers in today's game. Even in a close game, it would have been a good idea to stick with Akin considering how he's looked, and how easy the 8th was for him.

Yesterday we lost because Hyde didn’t use Cano in game to close.  Today we lost because Hyde did use Cano.  Which is it do we want him in or not.  

16 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Maybe I'm indeed overreacting about the offense. They were good last year and will be good again this year. What won't change is the bullpen sucking. They sucked last year without Batista (even with him) and they will continue to suck. It was the achilles hill last year, and nothing was done to fix it, apparently.

Cano had looked great in every other appearance before today.

11 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

I am disappointed with today's game, as well, but inferring that they're at a gut check moment heading into Game 10 at 5-4 is preposterous.

You sound like the type of person who doesn't care about the quality of their work and feels that failure is an acceptable status quo.

Not the type of person I'd ever hire in the real world.

6 minutes ago, baltfan said:

This team needs to push the action on the bases a bit more too. Last year they did much more of that.  

You can’t steal if you are not getting on.  Last year Mateo and Mullins were on the bases like crazy the first month. 

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

You sound like the type of person who doesn't care about the quality of their work and feels that failure is an acceptable status quo.

Would you also can someone who had a bad week to week and a half at work productivity-wise, despite their historic metrics over the last year being high?  Because this is literally the baseball equivalent of that. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Take a breather, champ. They play 162 games for a reason, and you're going to lose 50-60 of them even if you're one of the best teams in baseball. They certainly aren't happy when they lose, but these are professionals that have lost many, many times before in their athletic careers. And they'll lose many, many more. They'll deal with it and be back at it on Tuesday, trying to win ballgames the same as they do every time they go out.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Would you also can someone who had a bad week to week and a half at work productivity-wise, despite their historic metrics over the last year being high?  Because this is literally the baseball equivalent of that. 

I'm just hoping that whatever business we're talking about, it warrants the level of stress that the poster is attributing to it.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

Cano set it up to fail with the singles and poor command...This is why Felix's loss will be profound on this team...

He was overthrowing.  His arm was quicker than it normally is and causing him to miss.  He seems to get too juiced at times. 

13 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yesterday we lost because Hyde didn’t use Cano in game to close.  Today we lost because Hyde did use Cano.  Which is it do we want him in or not.  

What does that have to do with my statement? Kremer and Akin pitched well...Akin has shown much improvement early on over last season. I would have given the opportunity to start the 9th. Pretty simple to me, but maybe not for you?

6 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Take a breather, champ. They play 162 games for a reason, and you're going to lose 50-60 of them even if you're one of the best teams in baseball. They certainly aren't happy when they lose, but these are professionals that have lost many, many times before in their athletic careers. And they'll lose many, many more. They'll deal with it and be back at it on Tuesday, trying to win ballgames the same as they do every time they go out.

In baseball you will pretty much win 60 games and lose 60 games. It's what you do with the remaining 42 games that separates the contenders from pretender teams. I'm not happy with the start, but a 5-4 stretch in July wouldn't garner this much attention.