Enrique Bradfield Jr. 2024

Frobby

Reasonably satisfied, especially considering it's trending in the right direction. I don't worry much about caught stealing in the minors unless it's extreme... players need to test the limits and get a feel for it when the games don't count.

1 hour ago, SilverRocket said:

Reasonably satisfied, especially considering it's trending in the right direction. I don't worry much about caught stealing in the minors unless it's extreme... players need to test the limits and get a feel for it when the games don't count.

He’s 50 for 59, or 84.7%.  That’ll play in any league.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He survived the deadline. Maybe he gets a chance to breathe like the guys on the MLB team. That can’t be fun to hear your name in trade talks. Not saying it affected him. Hope he sees Bowie this year.  

I don't have any inside info, but I'd imagine he ends the year there. Feel like he's the best player in Aberdeen right now. 

This has to be one of the worst draft picks by Elias. Was he looking for someone to replace Mateo with a first round draft pick.  It’s literally like he wanted to prove people wrong with this pick. Nobody liked this pick. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lasted until like the fourth round if elias had not chose him.  

Edited by Spakman
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Spakman said:

This has to be one of the worst draft picks by Elias. Was he looking for someone to replace Mateo with a first round draft pick.  It’s literally like he wanted to prove people wrong with this pick. Nobody liked this pick. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lasted until like the fourth round if elias had not chose him.  

Pulled up 4 mock drafts from last year they had him going 18,18,16,16 so right around where we picked.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, catjuggler said:

Pulled up 4 mock drafts from last year they had him going 18,18,16,16 so right around where we picked.

My theory is that @Spakman  is an Albanian who just got interested in baseball recently and has a loooooong way to go.

SPAK, Special Anti-Corruption Structure (Albanian: Struktura e Posaçme Anti-Korrupsion) is an independent judicial entity tasked with investigating corruption and organized crime at the highest levels of government and society in Albania.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We have Mullins for one more year if we want.  It seems likely that we bring him back, but we do have a CF pipeline.  Cowser MLB, EBJ A+, Honeycutt 1st rd pick.  

...Overn, George, Whitaker.  🙂 

With Mateo on the 60-day IL, there’s a chance he is out for the year. If we want a pinch runner / defensive replacement type who won’t ever pick up a bat on the postseason roster, anybody better than Bradfield?

I don’t think it will happen, and it is impossible to understand how much that would be extremely uncharacteristic of Elias to lock up a 40-man spot and start Bradfield’s option years before he needs to. But Mateo being out does crack the door open a little for that consideration.

Much more likely to happen September next year if we think he will be the CF taking over for Mullins in 2026, or September 2026 before he’s rule 5 eligible that offseason.

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Bradfield went 3 for 6 in today’s doubleheader, capping off a month in which he hit .309/.377/.412.   He has his season line up to .286/.362/.387 now.   

I'm betting he starts next Tuesday for Bowie.

• Like 1