Enrique Bradfield Jr. 2024

Frobby

On 8/12/2024 at 4:03 PM, Tony-OH said:

I don't think minor league "records" mean anything to anyone, including the players.

I don’t know, I think “Crash” Davis was pretty stoked he set the minor league homerun record.  😀

Big night. 3-3, a homer shy of a cycle plus 2 walks and 2 stolen bases.   SSS alert but this is the guy we wanted to see.   8 walks and 3 strikeouts in 6 games.   A strong finish to the season at Bowie would be a nice shot in the arm to the system.   

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Especially if Mateo stays absent, I think he's got a small chance of being a 14th bat should SIGBOT dare risk completing 3 or 5 games with a mere 12 pitchers.

The 13th pitcher on today's Power Rankings of October options isn't looking that great.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, seak05 said:

The Aberdeen to Bowie transition is once again proving powerful 

Definitely something to consider. Pros and cons?  Are the weaknesses just going to get exploited in AAA/MLB that the pitching in A+ was able to exploit?  If so, that ain’t necessarily a good thing. 

Could it just be a fresh start, or change of scenery?  Burden of expectations?  Now he can relax since the goal was to be in AA this year?

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Definitely something to consider. Pros and cons?  Are the weaknesses just going to get exploited in AAA/MLB that the pitching in A+ was able to exploit?  If so, that ain’t necessarily a good thing. 

Could it just be a fresh start, or change of scenery?  Burden of expectations?  Now he can relax since the goal was to be in AA this year?

Or, he just had two pretty good games in the same week?   In an environment where one 4 for 5 game can raise your OPS by .110 points like it did yesterday?

Three weeks to go in Bowie’s season.  Let’s see where Bradfield is then.  I’m glad he’s off to a good  start there.

14 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Especially if Mateo stays absent, I think he's got a small chance of being a 14th bat should SIGBOT dare risk completing 3 or 5 games with a mere 12 pitchers.

The 13th pitcher on today's Power Rankings of October options isn't looking that great.

Using my Just Regular decoder ring, I think you are suggesting there is a small chance EBJ is promoted this September? 

I think I have as much chance of EBJ getting promoted to the big leagues this year. 

Elias is not going to take up a 40-man roster spot with a guy that may be two years away still. I just don't see it. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Using my Just Regular decoder ring, I think you are suggesting there is a small chance EBJ is promoted this September? 

I think I have as much chance of EBJ getting promoted to the big leagues this year. 

Elias is not going to take up a 40-man roster spot with a guy that may be two years away still. I just don't see it. 

Not September, just in the Terrance Gore pinch running and defense gig for playoffs.    I would not expect him to be given even one plate appearance.

I believe he could be optioned back off the 40 before the Rule 5 draft.    Unless Elias is nervous he might need all those options to make his 1st round pick an UP-DOWN guy in the years to come...

The Terrance Gore skill set in short series baseball is useful, as we painfully learned.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Not September, just in the Terrance Gore pinch running and defense gig for playoffs.    I would not expect him to be given even one plate appearance.

I believe he could be optioned back off the 40 before the Rule 5 draft.    Unless Elias is nervous he might need all those options to make his 1st round pick an UP-DOWN guy in the years to come...

The Terrance Gore skill set in short series baseball is useful, as we painfully learned.

1.  A player has to be added to the active roster by 8/31 to be eligible for the playoffs.

2.  You don’t option guys off the 40 man roster.   Once added, he’d have to be exposed to waiver claims to be taken off.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

EBJ is a legitimate prospect so he will just eat up a 40-man spot before he needs to. Elias loves his 40-man roster flexibility and doesn't like guys just eating up space and not able to contribute. 

Plus, this team is not a pinch runner defensive outfielder sub away from winning a World Series. If EBJ was in AAA, maybe, but he just got to AA. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

You can’t be “optioned back off the 40”.  

Bradfield could end up as a role player with some up-and-down between AAA and MLB. Burning options could result in us eventually losing him early.

Further, being on the 40 can reduce trade value to teams with roster crunches.