The A's Series

Just Regular

Free look at the next two opponents as OAK-NYY at 700 tonight looks like the only night game on getaway day.

As if this series wasn't already uneven enough on paper, Oakland had a bad break yesterday as Zach Gelof strained an oblique and is heading for the IL.    Maybe not as bad a break as Cody Bellinger and Triston Casas apparently breaking ribs.

The A's have competed well with the Yankees so far this week - it would be nice if their A relievers have some work to do tonight.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I hadn't seen the Gelof injury. From what I recall he was a beast against us last year. We won the series 7-1 but one of those wins was a walkoff and another was in extras. Don't sleep on the A's.

I don’t think Gelof was up yet.  Are you thinking of Brent Rooker?

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Is Suarez definitely starting Sunday? Hyde mentioned yesterday that Means may start Sunday.

I hope he meant Means may be starting on Sunday for Norfolk.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Malike said:

JP Sears is pretty good. He's going to give our LHB fits with his sweeper, we saw glimpses of it last year, and he's putting a nice season together. 

We smashed him pretty good last year and he’s due for regression. He’s an average pitcher that we should beat.