The A's Series

Just Regular

1 hour ago, Malike said:

I doubt he's going anywhere.

Seems risky for Oakland to not trade him. He’s gotta be at height of his value around the deadline. Not a FA until 2030, extremely cost controlled, and pumping 100+ consistently. I’d be afraid his elbow would fall off before I could trade him. Not gonna be useful to Oakland anytime soon. 

• Upvote 1

We could get a best case scenario.  Mason Miller in for a 4- out save.  If he’s successful not only do the A’s split the 4 game series with the Skanks but Miller would probably not be available until Sunday.

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Seems risky for Oakland to not trade him. He’s gotta be at height of his value around the deadline. Not a FA until 2030, extremely cost controlled, and pumping 100+ consistently. I’d be afraid his elbow would fall off before I could trade him. Not gonna be useful to Oakland anytime soon. 

I think a lot of teams would be risk averse to the prospect cost because of his velo. He's dirty, though. I believe he's always been a starter, not sure if he could go back to that.

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

We could get a best case scenario.  Mason Miller in for a 4- out save.  If he’s successful not only do the A’s split the 4 game series with the Skanks but Miller would probably not be available until Sunday.

He was successful, slid Cabrera to death, blew Sota away at 102 and Volpe got on at a ball misplayed by Hernaiz and Judge hit a can of corn.

Edited by Malike

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

They called it a hit for Volpe too 🙄

Of course they did. His OPS was in the .700's couldn't have that. They also missed a clear strike call for a ball on Judge in 3 of his 4 at bats. He still struck out twice, though.

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Only 17 pitches so I'm not sure he'd be out that long. Though I do see he is yet to have a back-to-back this year.