The A's Series

Just Regular

Not rooting for injuries, but also not sad about Gelof going down.  He murdered our pitching last year.

Oakland's probaby tougher than they appear to be.  Just like the Angels series, 2/3 is always the goal but it feels like the must-do goal in this situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

I'd like it if, after the game on Sunday, they told Mason Miller not to get on the bus to the airport because he's been traded to the O's.

Before the game on Friday!     We might need him to handle Brent Rooker.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not rooting for injuries, but also not sad about Gelof going down.  He murdered our pitching last year.

Oakland's probaby tougher than they appear to be.  Just like the Angels series, 2/3 is always the goal but it feels like the must-do goal in this situation.

If they lose tonight and get 4-game-swept by the Yankees, I would be annoyed if they show up here and suddently start acting competitively.

I'd really like to see them get a W in NY tonight, somehow.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

If they lose tonight and get 4-game-swept by the Yankees, I would be annoyed if they show up here and suddently start acting competitively.

I'd really like to see them get a W in NY tonight, somehow.

They won game 1. 

• Upvote 3

I was rooting for the local guy in Gelof, but hopefully he comes back healthy later down the line. 

16-8 to start the season out hasn't been too shabby, but I had kinda hoped for a little more in the early going. They definitely should take 2 out of 3 vs an inferior opponent like Oakland.

32 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Gelof's bad fortune is Darell Hernaiz's good fortune - MLB Network crawl has him as the call up.

Let's hope Hernaiz spares us the Joey Ortiz treatment.

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Is Suarez definitely starting Sunday? Hyde mentioned yesterday that Means may start Sunday.

Gee, I hope not.  Do we have the relievers to cover 8 2/3.  He hasn't looked against AAA competition.  That doesn't bode well for pitching against ML hitters.

6 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I was rooting for the local guy in Gelof, but hopefully he comes back healthy later down the line. 

16-8 to start the season out hasn't been too shabby, but I had kinda hoped for a little more in the early going. They definitely should take 2 out of 3 vs an inferior opponent like Oakland.

You hoped for more than 16-8?  I will gladly take that every time, even with a supposedly soft schedule (which in hindsight doesn’t look that soft).