Friday, April 26: Orioles return home to face Oakland

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Oh well, team loss. Bad hitting, pinhead freaking play by Cowser defensively. Bad bullpen. 

They gotta own this one. Piss poor loss.

Yep.   First time in two weeks we don't score at least 4 runs, and our defense and bullpen couldn't do their jobs.

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Wasn’t terribly impressed by McKenna’s effort in the ninth either, though maybe was deceptive. 

Yeah, forgot about his misread that contributed to the blown save. Santander catches that ball.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

What's the story on Miller? Is he healthy enough to have a season like Bautista last year? Because if he's healthy and capable, I'm hopping in the bandwagon of Board Members here at the Hangout who wanted to try to trade for him. Depending on how expensive of a trade price Oakland is asking.

Oakland has 6 full years of control on this guy. What is their motivation?

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, forgot about his misread that contributed to the blown save. Santander catches that ball.

Yep, that is a Santander special.  McKenna seems to not be the best of defensive subs. 

Just now, baltfan said:

Yeah the three we sent up can all hit a fastball and none of them did.   

102 is different. We see it all the time with Bautista. Unless guys like that miss and throw it center cut or right into the bat path, you really don't have much of a chance.

3 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

The A’s bullpen makes ours look like a bunch of AAAA guys.

Elias is going to need to trade for a bullpen arm or two if this team wants to make a serious postseason run or maybe even make the playoffs.

Kimbrel can’t be the only pitcher who is trusted to close out games. Plus he’s older and is going to need some rest at times. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Losing to the A's is baffling. Terrible team without a home city. What are the O's doing out there? Horrible game.

Yes, the Athletics players all try less because they don’t have a “home city.” It is known. 🙄

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

I would deal him in a heartbeat for quality position players. Everyday kids like him get hurt. 

3 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Their motivation is that they are going to waste all of his arbitration years with a horrible team. If they trade him now, as I mentioned in another thread, they can get a lot of solid prospects who are several years away and who would be ready in time for a good team

Just now, eddie83 said:

I would deal him in a heartbeat for quality position players. Everyday kids like him get hurt. 

So you’d be dealing a guy with 6 years of control for, at best, another guy with 6 years of control.

I’m not saying they wouldn’t trade him, I’m saying they’ve no real motivation - meaning you’d have to grossly overpay.

Just now, Philip said:

Their motivation is that they are going to waste all of his arbitration years with a horrible team. If they trade him now, as I mentioned in another thread, they can get a lot of solid prospects who are several years away and who would be ready in time for a good team

Or they could wait 2-3 years and trade him for prospects who are nearly ready/surer bets. Why trade for A-Ball players now?

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

So you’d be dealing a guy with 6 years of control for, at best, another guy with 6 years of control.

I’m not saying they wouldn’t trade him, I’m saying they’ve no real motivation - meaning you’d have to grossly overpay.

Yes. For hitters. 

I agree they have no reason to move him just to do it. They are in drivers seat.