Friday, April 26: Orioles return home to face Oakland

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I mean he made short work of Soto. Miller vs Ohtani would be a match up to see 

Miller appears to be like Bautista in that if he is on his game, the person with the bat in their hand (regardless of who it is) is pretty powerless.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Yes. For hitters. 

I agree they have no reason to move him just to do it. They are in drivers seat. 

The A’s are admittedly a true paradox right now - so bad, and so unwilling to try/spend, that it’s hard to even know how to deal with them. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I would deal him in a heartbeat for quality position players. Everyday kids like him get hurt. 

They wouldn’t trade him for just Mayo.  They’d have to get more than that.  I remember when the Yankees got Gleyber Torres ++ for Chapman when he was a rental.  Torres was a top 5 prospect in baseball. 

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I'm done with McKenna.  Don't want to see him on the Orioles ever again.

I vote him off the Island and I vote two strikes on Kimbrel.  One more total collapse like this and we got to either get some help or let someone else have their chance to suck it up Kimbrel style.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

I mean, you weren't going to walk him and put a runner in scoring position. Webb made a terrible pitch. As did every reliever tonight except Akin.

I absolutely would have walked him. Rooker is in scoring position when Rooker is batting against us. 

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Everybody's got a price...

ted-di-biase-million.gif

Do we need to pay that high of a price, when the need is only really for this year? And you know an arm injury with those types of guys is almost inevitable.

Bautista will be back next year. I would hate to give up a lot even for an uber talent like Miller.

10 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

You can say it over and over but teams do not walk a guy with a runner on first to put the guy in scoring position. It doesn’t happen. Ever. This is not Barry Bonds. 

Against us he is. 

Everyone in that (Moderator edit: Can't use that language here) ballpark knew that he was getting a hit there. The only surprise was that it didn’t leave the ballpark. 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I vote him off the Island and I vote two strikes on Kimbrel.  One more total collapse like this and we got to either get some help or let someone else have their chance to suck it up Kimbrel style.

Kimbrel has been good for the most part until he lost total command of the zone tonight. His problems are brought on from over use. We can pitch him with nearly the frequency that we did Bautista. That's why the other parts of the pen have to get/be better. Because Wednesdays 6-0 game that turned into a 6-5 nail bitter was a game that he should have never had to come in to.

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Do we need to pay that high of a price, when the need is only really for this year? And you know an arm injury with those types of guys is almost inevitable.

Bautista will be back next year. I would hate to give up a lot even for an uber talent like Miller.

You're right. Which is why I have limits to what I'm willing to do. But you never know until you try. People on this message board never thought we could get Corbin Burnes for Joey Ortiz headlining the deal but here we are.

Plus we have a good rapport with the A's front office based on the number of trades the Orioles have made with them.

• Upvote 1