Friday, April 26: Orioles return home to face Oakland

SteveA

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

This one hurts.  McKenna's miss tonight wasn't as egregious as last year, but it still hurts. 

Ah, I almost forgot about the bandana one screwing up the only reason he was in the game.

• Upvote 1

Keep giving Mike Elias evidence that the bullpen is in desperate need.

Waiting for Bradish or Means is killing me.

This inability to hit the cutoff man is also taking its toll. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Pitch to Rooker after he repeatedly has clowned you and you deserve to lose. 

You can say it over and over but teams do not walk a guy with a runner on first to put the guy in scoring position. It doesn’t happen. Ever. This is not Barry Bonds. 

Just now, dystopia said:

Pitch to Rooker after he repeatedly has clowned you and you deserve to lose. 

I mean, you weren't going to walk him and put a runner in scoring position. Webb made a terrible pitch. As did every reliever tonight except Akin.

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

I still think they should have pinch run Mateo and given him a shot at swiping third. Might have scored on the weak grounder.

Mateo doesn't steal, hes dances around the base like Freddy Astaire and then waits for the weak ground ball

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Oh well, team loss. Bad hitting, pinhead freaking play by Cowser defensively. Bad bullpen. 

They gotta own this one. Piss poor loss.

Wasn’t terribly impressed by McKenna’s effort in the ninth either, though maybe was deceptive. 

Edited by baltfan

What's the story on Miller? Is he healthy enough to have a season like Bautista last year? Because if he's healthy and capable, I'm hopping in the bandwagon of Board Members here at the Hangout who wanted to try to trade for him. Depending on how expensive of a trade price Oakland is asking.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

we had NO business scoring only 2 runs off Stripling...we earned that loss...

Yeah, you gotta scratch more than two off Stripling. No room was left for error and Kimbrel was a due a bad game. Add in the poor defense from McKenna and Cowser and they earned every bit of this loss.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

What's the story on Miller? Is he healthy enough to have a season like Bautista last year? Because if he's healthy and capable, I'm hopping in the bandwagon of Board Members here at the Hangout who wanted to try to trade for him. Depending on how expensive of a trade price Oakland is asking.

I think he still has like 5 years control. Could be wrong. No chance they trade him unless they get a kings ransom. 

They have 6 years of control of him. I doubt they are trading him.

1 minute ago, MDK02 said:

Gunner wasn’t even close in that AB. I thought they were going to pitch around him and he went right after him. 

I don't think Miller needs to pitch around anyone. Not even someone as good as Gunnar.

Everyone wants him and they all break.

That’s my take.