6th straight game with 2 or fewer runs allowed

Great points Ken. Love the depth of the starters this year as well.  Very few implosions.

side note: loved your draft day content.  Very entertaining and informative.  Go birds

There goes that streak.    You’re like the Kevin Brown of OH hangout.   😃

As soon as Brown says Westburg hasn’t made an error in 62 games he makes a bad throw.  As soon as he says Rutschman has the best chase rate in baseball he swings at two pitches way out of the zone.   As soon as Brown says this Oriole reliever hasn’t walked anyone in two weeks I say “Shut up, Kevin!”

Some of what we're seeing now is the 40-man creating a nice amount of breathing room for Tyler Wells and Grayson Rodriguez's inflammation to subside.

Even Povich we are now around the calendar point Bradish made his MLB debut in 2022.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EdwinRip said:

A second ago everyone was saying that Ellis didn’t upgrade the rotation enough and now some are saying there is no place for Grayson when he returns.  So which is it?

There is always room for Grayson.  He moves someone into the pen no matter what.  

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

There is always room for Grayson.  He moves someone into the pen no matter what.  

Hyde might need to have an uncomfortable discussion with Kremer that he is being moved to the pen soon.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hyde might need to have an uncomfortable discussion with Kremer that he is being moved to the pen soon.

Perhaps. But I think more likely is that go 6 man rotation (with Burnes staying on 5 day rest routine).  It could potentially help manage workloads and injuries for Grayson, Bradish, Means.

• Upvote 1

I like when the a team has a rotation full of guys pitching at an above average level, competing with each other.  Other guys are competing to get in the rotation.  I don't think this has happened for the O's since the early 80's.  Can anyone think of a time since then when the O's had a rotation full of at least average starters pitching well?  Maybe mid 90's?

2 hours ago, EdwinRip said:

A second ago everyone was saying that Ellis didn’t upgrade the rotation enough and now some are saying there is no place for Grayson when he returns.  So which is it?

It could still be both. I’ve been in the “let’s see what we got” camp and it’s working out better than even I expected. Irvin is definitely exceeding expectations, great to see Means and Bradish back. 

That said, if Bradish and Means stay healthy, the rotation looks great. If there are more health issues, then the folks who forewarned that the O’s need to add another starter for depth will have a point.

I’m happy with the potential traffic jam we currently have with the starters.

3 hours ago, EdwinRip said:

I don't think there so much griping about upgrading the rotation after the Burnes trade got done.  But to the extent there was it was because few people felt Bradish and Means would give us anything this season.

Really most of the criticism was about not having done enough to upgrade the bullpen, especially thinking Wells would be in the rotation. 

24 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

I don't think there so much griping about upgrading the rotation after the Burnes trade got done.  But to the extent there was it was because few people felt Bradish and Means would give us anything this season.

Really most of the criticism was about not having done enough to upgrade the bullpen, especially thinking Wells would be in the rotation. 

There was a fair amount. A lot of posts said Burnes was just a replacement for Bradish who was destined for TJS, that we needed to sign Montgomery, and when we didn’t there was quite a bit of frustration. I also wanted Montgomery, but we seem to be doing just fine without him.