Sunday May 12: Orioles try to complete sweep of National League Champions

SteveA

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, justD said:

I disagree.  Only anecdotal, but I call “pass the baton” pretty often in game threads

Have you seen this team score single runs in several innings in a row? It's a crooked number followed by lots of zeros. I am sure someone will dig up some statistic to show they are average in this, but it doesn't feel okay following these games.

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Not good enough for a team that has the 2nd best record in the Majors.

This is nonsensical. Their performance has given them the second best record in the league, but also their performance isn’t good enough?

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Of the three mentioned, Pressley was the one I preferred, yes. 

Is there a reason that you prefer Pressley over Helsley?

I can't see anything from Pressley's performance this season and age that makes him desirable for us to slot in as our closer. 

5 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Huh.  We've apparently been watching different teams this season.  Interesting. 

Have you seen this team score single runs in several innings in a row? It's a crooked number followed by lots of zeros. I am sure someone will dig up some statistic to show they are average in this, but it doesn't feel okay following these games.

Please disregard my previous reply.

1 minute ago, FlipTheBird said:

This is nonsensical. Their performance has given them the second best record in the league, but also their performance isn’t good enough?

Their record is not supported by their base stealing, that's all I am saying.

It doesn't feel like this offense is solid in the fundamentals of base running and tactical hitting. The feeling is that they are mostly swinging for the fences, regardless of the situation.

Wow, our normal sharp defense is horrible today.   And so far none of it is attributable to O'Hearn who appeared to be the glaring defensive hole in the lineup coming into the game.