Wednesday, May 29: rubber match vs Red Sox

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I realize Cowser's throw was bad...but Mateo needs to make the short hop play and hold the runner...so I say Mateo had the bad inning..I hope he hits, because he was terrible yesterday...seems like as soon as we praise Mateo, he slumps..

Thank you. That's how I saw it too.

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

@SteveA @Tony-OH Jorge got caught snoozing and was not paying attention when Cowser made the bad throw. Had he been paying attention, the ball would not have surprised him so much and he would have handled it by adjusting to the hop rather than getting surprised that it hit him.

He needed to get his head in the game. Cowser and Henderson too. Hopefully they will after that humiliating inning.

He was snoozing because no one expects a major league outfielder to airmail a throw to the cutoff man when the runner was not even trying to go to second.

4 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

That's never been a remotely possible thing.  Watch any interview where the interviewers talk to Burnes about free agency.  He doesn't think the way you're suggesting, at all. 

Not suggesting, just joking around.    I get he's a mercenary.

• Upvote 1