The 2024 Trade Deadline

22 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t enjoy all the speculation leading up to the deadline?

Yep. I like actual rumors that are based on actual facts or things people heard. But we never actually hear that type of stuff anymore. I’m ready for July 31st. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I wasn’t speaking directly to you. I logged on it seemed the last page was nitpicking Cowser numbers. 

It’s the Cowser vs Kjerstad debate. Who knows what the market really is?  Who is even available?  And if a team would want either of those two?

Cowser’s name was floated a lot for Cease this past offseason. I know as much/little as anyone. I’m ok with trading Cowser for Fedde and Pham. But that’s just me. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion. 

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Career OPS 

Stowers - .643

Cowser - .685, .626 OPS since April 23, 2024

IMG_5712.jpeg

Again, Cowser is one of the best defensive outfielders in the MLB. His baseline as far as how well he needs to hit to be a valuable player is much different than any other OF’er on the team right now or in Norfolk. Even with that, he’s been comfortably above league average in his rookie year with most metrics showing he should have even better numbers than he does. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Again, Cowser is one of the best defensive outfielders in the MLB. His baseline as far as how well he needs to hit to be a valuable player is much different than any other OF’er on the team right now or in Norfolk. Even with that, he’s been comfortably above league average in his rookie year with most metrics showing he should have even better numbers than he does. 

What if he stops swinging so hard to make better contact?  Those elite metrics drop. 

Cowser had a horrific May, and not a very good June. But even last 17 games (60 PA) he's at a 782 OPS. I'm treating him basically the same as Westburg. I'm not trading him as part of a "package". He's already the guy. There's no reason to trade him. His role is very clearly established both for the present and the future. 

• Upvote 1