The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

He’s going to very good.  Period.

I’d bet you but I wouldn’t want to root against him. I heard them talking about him on the radio. He’s the modern day Pedro Cerrano by their explanation. He hits the fast ball very much … just can’t him the breaking stuff. 

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I’d bet you but I wouldn’t want to root against him. I heard them talking about him on the radio. He’s the modern day Pedro Cerrano by their explanation. He hits the fast ball very much … just can’t him the breaking stuff. 

He hammered some breaking stuff in Texas.

It’s almost as if he could get better as he gains experience. Such a weird concept.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t enjoy all the speculation leading up to the deadline?

Yeah, I sort of wish it was a little after 6pm on July 30. That way we'd be past all this.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

I've talked about this with many people the Orioles can be "Sellers" of major league position player talent to get pitching because of what awaits joining the team in the minors. The replacements are in place but does Elias value the "vets" for this year over adding pitching and fielding the "prospects daily" that being Mullins->Cowser, Mounty/Urias->Mayo/Holliday, Santander->Kjerstad -- Yes im saying Mounty/Santander could land us a good SP but im not really in favor of trading Santander though there is an argument to be made that it makes sense if you believe his production will slow down the stretch and level off with his career averages.  -- Obviously you don't trade all of Mounty, Mullins & Santander but a combo of Mounty/OFer can be argued for. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s the Cowser vs Kjerstad debate. Who knows what the market really is?  Who is even available?  And if a team would want either of those two?

Cowser’s name was floated a lot for Cease this past offseason. I know as much/little as anyone. I’m ok with trading Cowser for Fedde and Pham. But that’s just me. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion. 

Both Cowser and Kjerstad are contributing to the O's pennant chase right now.  And there is nobody in the system that can replace them in the outfield, either now or next season.  I don't think either will be traded, even for Skubal (even though I think that would be fair from a value perspective).  

From a value perspective, Fedde is not worth trading Cowser or Kjerstad.  I think Fedde is an attractive target and would be a credible #3 starter in the postseason, but if the White Sox insist on Cowser, Kjerstad or any of the big three then no thanks.

• Upvote 1

I was skeptical of Fedde initially, but he checks all the boxes. He's clearly available for trade, he's a realistic #3 for both this season and next (which we need in both cases), and he's not going to cost any of the top guys. Seems like the most logical target for the moment.

I don't think we can trade Cowser unless we are willing to play Mullins every day, and I don't like that either.  So I'd prefer we trade Kjerstad of the 2.  One of the 2, plus Norby, Stowers to get a Skubal or that level is about a far as I would go.

5 minutes ago, G54377 said:

I was skeptical of Fedde initially, but he checks all the boxes. He's clearly available for trade, he's a realistic #3 for both this season and next (which we need in both cases), and he's not going to cost any of the top guys. Seems like the most logical target for the moment.

He looked pretty good did what you hope for from middle rotation guy in keeping your team in it and getting some depth.  He pitched better than Efflin did today who I feel are about the same level.  On another note Brebbia didn’t look good at all and I just don’t see why he getting much talk.  He is way down on my list of guys I am interested in.  

9 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Agree with you on Fedde, he’s affordable if WSox willing to take any prospect from EBJ and anyone below him on our top 30

3 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Jed Hoyer basically telling the clubhouse they had better have a 5 game winning streak right now.    Craig Counsell's squad faces the division leading Brewers in their first series this week.

Cubs got the first game to help them stay in it.  The Rangers also came back on the White Sox to keep them on the bubble for trade deadline.