The 2024 Trade Deadline

6 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

It’s plausible especially if some of these arbitration guys are in the deal. With Eflin I think we are around 35 million committed to next years salary’s without arbitration players. 

So with Snell and Burnes, we would already be around $100 million before arb raises and any other outside additions. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

5 minutes ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

He makes me a little nervous out there when playing in Camden.  He looks like a newborn giraffe chasing fly balls. 

I agree that it isn't ideal to have him patrolling LF at OPACY, but the numbers guys in our FO may believe his bat is good enough to make up for running him out there for the first 7 innings.

What else does Toronto do today?     They've gotten Yimi Garcia, Nate Pearson and Danny Jansen done last couple days.

I've read a report Dave Dombrowski is targeting playoff tested Chad Green as he continues his Seranthony Dominguez wouldn't even make my playoff roster at all process.

Some Rogers Communications muckety mucks could be thinking about leaving Baltimore with Eve Rosenbaum as GM like we were thinking about leaving Miami with Tanner Scott a few days ago.

We'll see in 2 days if Yankees Vladimir Guerrero becomes a thing, and how much of his position player group Brian Cashman designates for assignment.    AJ Preller hasn't even spiced up the punch yet.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Kyle Stowers?

I hope that guy gets an opportunity to play somewhere in MLB next week.

Exactly. Norby and Stowers are worth more to us then they would bring back in a trade. 

Trade Mullins - Call up Stowers. 

Trade Mountcastle - Call up Mayo

Trade Urias - Call up Holliday

This is actually the less risky approach. The vets expected to get traded. Now let Adley assume the clubhouse leader role. 

A new/different chemistry can grow and now everyone knows their role. 

45 minutes ago, interloper said:

Orioles named as one of the interested parties for Snell in this article. 

It makes sense if the Giants are selling. He’s a rental because if he pitches well he’s certain to opt out and hit free agency again. If he pitches poorly he has a $32 million dollar anchor. So that’s a negative towards trade value unless it includes cash implications that are guaranteed if he exercises the option. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Exactly. Norby and Stowers are worth more to us then they would bring back in a trade. 

Trade Mullins - Call up Stowers. 

Trade Mountcastle - Call up Mayo

Trade Urias - Call up Holliday

This is actually the less risky approach. The vets expected to get traded. Now let Adley assume the clubhouse leader role. 

A new/different chemistry can grow and now everyone knows their role. 

I hear you …but if you’re trading Mullins they need to be looking at Robert or someone similar. Cowser is a good player but he’s not covering CF like a player like Mullins. I’d prefer him in one of the corner OF slots. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I don't think Mountcastle gets you much more than halfway there by himself. They'd probably want a decent pitching prospect back to keep the pipeline pumping, so maybe Povich or McDermott, plus another notable prospect, so maybe Beavers or Fabian.

I would still probably do that, but I'm not sure Elias would.

I think that it is closer than you think.   But if we have to throw in a lower level guy, it is a no brainier.    We should not need to part with either Povich or McDermott 

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I hear you …but if you’re trading Mullins they need to be looking at Robert or someone similar. Cowser is a good player but he’s not covering CF like a player like Mullins. I’d prefer him in one of the corner OF slots. 

The dropoff would be pretty minimal.

In fact, Cowser is arguably already a better defender in CF than Mullins at this point.

15 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

So with Snell and Burnes, we would already be around $100 million before arb raises and any other outside additions. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

I understand the hesitancy. Judging by last year revenue chart and the extra ticket sales, MASN eyeballs 140-150 million in salary’s would be around expected. Any postseason home game adds major revenue to the team as well. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yup. Well here’s the thing… we have to sell the vets now to fix the clubhouse. We’re seeing that on the field now. But… do we really want to fire more prospect ammo for any more buy side trades for like a Skubal/Robert this year with us scuffling so bad?

We need to just fully transition to Adley and Gunnar being the leaders. Mayo and Holliday up here. 

The offseason is where we need to make our next buy side trade, if we even have the prospects left to do it. 

We’re FA bucks from here on out to improve the MLB club. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Any thoughts on who the Orioles target for this right handed OF they are supposedly looking for? 

Robert is probably too expensive. Who else is out there?

I like Happ if available. Switch hitter with good defense and consistent OPS. Taylor Ward would be the other name.