The 2024 Trade Deadline

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We need to sort our clubhouse out before making a big franchise altering trade. Let’s see what we do with Mullins and Mountcastle first and how the team responds. 

If Hyde has lost the team, why invest more into it?

This is nothing more than you speculating based off of some used tea leaves you found while rooting around in the dumpster.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We need to sort our clubhouse out before making a big franchise altering trade. Let’s see what we do with Mullins and Mountcastle first and how the team responds. 

If Hyde has lost the team, why invest more into it?

You keep using this phrase. I know you said "if" but it's speculation until it's clear and confirmed

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Povich, McDermott, Fabian, Stowers, Norby, Beavers, Nunez, Bradfield, de Leon, Liranzo, Arias, Almeyda, Bright, etc.

Chance, Weston, Sosa, Josenbeeger, Bencosme, Estrada, Tevera, etc. 

I wonder if the lack of Elias interview post-Hays and Eflin trades bodes well for "not being done". Normally he gives his soundbites after moves like this, but maybe he's going to lump it all together after the deadline.

Feel like he's been quieter than usual overall this year.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, casadeozo said:

No one has ever paid a top 10 prospect for a reliever no matter how much control they have.

we would need to send a lot, but you’re overthinking his value.

Are the Cards going to suddenly sell? Haven’t gotten any indication yet and Helsley would provide some serious gunpowder to the reliever market. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I wonder if the lack of Elias interview post-Hays and Eflin trades bodes well for "not being done". Normally he gives his soundbites after moves like this, but maybe he's going to lump it all together after the deadline.

Feel like he's been quieter than usual overall this year.

I imagine he hasn’t slept in a week and have 48hr grinder ahead of him.  No time for anything that isn’t pressing. 

4 minutes ago, CTBear said:

Are the Cards going to suddenly sell? Haven’t gotten any indication yet and Helsley would provide some serious gunpowder to the reliever market. 

He’s the guy I’ve wanted for a while. 

IMG_3814.png

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTBear said:

They're two games out of the wild card.  So, I'd imagine they're not selling.

Since I've seen him mentioned multiple times, Happ has a full no trade clause and I'd honestly be kind of shocked if he waived it. He's stated repeatedly that he wants to be in Chicago and he insisted on a ntc just so he didn't have to deal with the trade deadline rumors. Seiya Suzuki also has a full ntc, whether or not he'd waive it, I have no idea.

Elias should focus on acquiring Snell and Scott.  Both LHP address TOR and Backend of BP approach to LHH.  Cano doesn't offset Kimbrell due to Cano's weakness against LHH.      If Danny returns that only creates more options.     

1) Both Snell and Scott are rentals and will cost far less prospect capital.   

2) Can reset after this season, dip into FA more, Bautista is back etc.

3) Holliday,  Basallo, Mayo have more value than any pitcher acquired even with some additonal years of team control.     

4) Burnes, GROD, Snell,  Elfin, Kramer with Suarez, Kimbrell, Webb, Perez, Cano, Kimbrell and Scott is better balanced and quality.  

5) Need to rely on positon player group in place to perform better if pitching is upgraded; however can probably find a VET RH 1B/OF for very little if needed. 

17 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

They're two games out of the wild card.  So, I'd imagine they're not selling.

They were pretty stubborn last year about dealing guys too now that I think about it. With Goldy’s numbers falling off and the money left on it, I’m not sure he’d fetch much either this time around. They definitely should’ve offloaded him last year