The 2024 Trade Deadline

10 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The best thing about this year's trade deadline is that we have owners who are willing to increase payroll and they're giving the front office the support they need to make good deals for talent.

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

We don't know that.

One of these statements is clearly true. The other is patently false.  

4 hours ago, Safelykept said:

I dont think you piled on. Its a fact unless Adley is injured, Dont think youre going to McCann at all.

I’d like to think it’s a fact, but I don’t put it past Hyder to get his lineup against LH in a playoff game. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sounds like we have a lot of interest in Snell

Very exciting. I hope the delay is just working on the money. Maybe the Giants will pay the deferred money. Putting the Orioles on the hook for roughly 10-12 million this year and his option next year.

4 minutes ago, elextrano8 said:

I'm talking myself into this, to my chagrin. Assuming a decent-to-good second half, do you think he'll opt out?

100% opt out if he’s good And healthy.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

100% opt out if he’s good And healthy.

I wouldn’t put it at 100%. Last year he was by far the best pitcher on the market and could only secure 2 years 60. This year he is number 3 on the market but I do believe there will be more buyers. I do not think a long term deal will be available for him but maybe 3@80.

Just now, Rbiggs2525 said:

I wouldn’t put it at 100%. Last year he was by far the best pitcher on the market and could only secure 2 years 60. This year he is number 3 on the market but I do believe there will be more buyers. I do not think a long term deal will be available for him but maybe 3@80.

He won’t get the AAV he wants but he will definitely get more guaranteed money than what he has coming to him in 2025.

There is some extra value in bringing him here as we see if he wants to be an Oriole. The deal you suggest is perhaps something that’s more likely to get him signed if he wants to be here based off of his experience with the org.

The Cubs surprise Buy yesterday I guess makes the optics for the Giants a little worse if they offload Snell.

Giants 2 under to the Cubs 5 under as play begins today.

Nate Eovaldi throws Texas' final game in St. Louis tonight for the last game Chris Young gets a view of following the champions' stumble in Toronto this weekend.   

I’ve been a little underwhelmed about the return for most of these trades. Seems to be a fair market which I had my doubts. Hoping we end up with Snell and Fairbanks type to cap this off. Yesterday was complete evidence we need more pitching.