The 2024 Trade Deadline

I don't think Elias will send out a large pool of our top 15 prospects in one trade, especially not for one player. I think he will identify one (or two) of our higher prospects he's willing to trade and build it around that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, G54377 said:

I don't think Elias will send out a large pool of our top 15 prospects in one trade, especially not for one player. I think he will identify one (or two) of our higher prospects he's willing to trade and build it around that.

Higher …. I don’t unless you think Norby is a higher prospect. Really IMO, our top 30 has a huge drop off right now after #3 abd I don’t see us dealing 1-3

The Royals made the first move in the trade deadline by making a deal for Hunter Harvey.  They traded Cayden Wallace third baseman and a former 2nd round pick along with the competitive balance pick in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

The Royals made the first move in the trade deadline by making a deal for Hunter Harvey.  They traded Cayden Wallace third baseman and a former 2nd round pick along with the competitive balance pick in the draft. 

I just checked and Harvey has had an ERA of 8.04 since June 1.

On 7/12/2024 at 4:59 PM, Greg Pappas said:

You could very well be right, but I do think your points are slightly slanted.  Going by @Tony-OH 's list, it's Povich at #4, Bradfield at #7, Norby at #8 and Beavers at #11.  Roby would not be #5 in our system (I'm guessing closer to 10-12 in ours).  Regardless, saying that this trade would be "for a reliever" is not giving the appropriate weight to the other side of the trade.  Keegan Akin is a reliever, so is Dillon Tate.  Mason Miller has been among the most dominant closers in baseball, in just his first season.  He also has 5+ seasons remaining of team control.  It's a big risk, especially with his injury history, but while our package is impressive as a whole, there are no lead prospects the A's can hang their hat on.  Again, I don't see this happening as Elias seems risk averse.

There's also the fact that Mason Miller could be moved to the starting rotation next year.  He's quite an arm.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gamiliel said:

Definitely overpaid with the pick they included, IMO.

Longenhagen had Wallace as 40+ FV which for reference is a notch below Os Fabian at 45 FV.

Also noteworthy that Harvey is under control for 2025 as well, so not just rental for this season. 

• Upvote 1

As if Peter Bendix's Marlins signals were not clear enough, Jazz Chisholm playing 2B today for the first time in forever.

Chisholm's service time similar to AJ Puk, who I believe is on the Available list to any trade partners meeting the rookie GM Bendix's asks.

It seems clear 2025 is the Sandy and Eury warm up year, and then maybe in 2026 we do stuff for real.

• Upvote 1