The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Why would the Rays trade a young, excellent, controllable starter for four more years after this?

Next year McClanahan and Baz will be back. When you pair those 2 with Bradley, they will be contending. No?

Plus Springs and Rasmussen. Rays SP is loaded once back from injuries/TJ. 

Yeah, being lazy and didn't check into anything.  Just asking if he'd be doable and it sounds like all the contributing factors say "no".    But if they aren't going to be any good or be able to contend for years in the AL East as is the case, maybe then?  I think they will sell.  Taj?  Sounds like likely not.

I think Trout will be moved, with the Angels eating a portion of his contract.  May not be a bad trade to look into.  We do a really good job at keeping position players healthy, would love to see if we could do the same with Trout.

1 minute ago, yark14 said:

I think Trout will be moved, with the Angels eating a portion of his contract.  May not be a bad trade to look into.  We do a really good job at keeping position players healthy, would love to see if we could do the same with Trout.

They would have to pick up almost all the contract for it to make sense.  Like all of it.  

4 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Everything Trout has said this whole time points to him wanting to stay with the Angels.

2 minutes ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

They would have to pick up almost all the contract for it to make sense.  Like all of it.  

Who is they? The Orioles or the Angels? I could see the Orioles eating the salary if we didn't have to give up any prospects.

I think if Trout becomes available he goes to the Phillies.  They need a right handed OF bat already and probably wouldn't have to give up too much to get him (unless the Angels eat most of the salary, in which case the Phillies would have to give up some value I think).  Not to mention Trout grew up a Phillies fan.

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

Why would they give away/trade away Bradley especially to us?

Oh I agree with you — Rays are not trading Bradley. Was just pointing out that Rays rotation is gonna be formidable again real soon with all the guys coming back from the IL.  I do think they will move Eflin (either this trade deadline or offseason) to shed salary for 2025.