The 2024 Trade Deadline

8 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I'd rather have Connor Norby and Kyle Stowers on the roster in place of Eloy, Slater, Emanual Rivera, and Livian Soto

Elias made the Orioles significantly weaker at the deadline for the second year in a row.

#1 priority for Rubenstein should be to replace Elias.

Norby, maybe. Not sure what Stowers would bring. Also remember that the Westburg injury happened literally at the deadline and we've also since then lost Mountcastle. Sure, it is Elias's job to maintain depth but we will have Mayo coming back in two days and we also wanted to give Holliday some run. Slater has actually been good for us. 

Replacing Elias is absurd. I would lock him up to a long term contract if we haven't already. 

21 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I'd rather have Connor Norby and Kyle Stowers on the roster in place of Eloy, Slater, Emanual Rivera, and Livian Soto

Elias made the Orioles significantly weaker at the deadline for the second year in a row.

Significantly weaker?  Eflin (not his fault he got hurt), Domínguez and Slater have been big upgrades.  Soto has pitched well lately.

The Rogers deal has been bad so far but that was more of a long term move anyway.

This is just an uneducated and ignorant opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but opinions like this shouldn’t be shared in public.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

If you take Slater off this team, then you probably should take away two wins as well. 

The mistake was losing out on Fedde, or Kikuchi, then settling for Rogers.

Would we rather have the extra 1-2 mid level prospect that both of those guys would’ve cost, or actually one of them?  Nobody is losing sleep over Fabian, Beavers, and DeLeon.