Saturday 6/1 vs the Devil Rays with Bradish on the mound.

Just now, Philip said:

That made me laugh, the day we picked him up I asked in a thread somewhere whether we were going to have him long enough for us to need to learn how to spell his name.

I guess the answer was yes, ha ha

I remember that post!

2 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

That wasn't the pitch he got tossed for.  Cash was arguing the 0-0 pitch that got called a strike 4 inches above the zone.

Interesting, he got tossed for jawing at the ump right after that pitch to Caballero was thrown.

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Was he ever shaking his pitching arm?  We really need for him to not be injured.  If Bradish goes down I can see the Orioles nearing desperate places.  Maybe selling one or multiple prospects for a starter.  

Anything to avoid that would be good.

Yeah I was watching for that and never saw it.  He just looked in a bad spot mentally. 

Bio rhythms were 0/10. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Really?  I think (and I believe a lot of others on here do too) that Hyde makes TOO MANY pitching changes.

Yes he does. But he usually leaves the starter in too long. 
when Lopez was a starter, he almost always turned into a pumpkin after about 85 pitches, and Hyde knew that better than I did, and yet he almost always left him in 10 pitches too long.

And Hyde almost always waits too long to get a reliever up, even if he knows the current pitcher isn’t going to come out next inning.

It was really infuriating.

Edited by Philip

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Yes he does. But he usually leaves the starter in too long. 
when Lopez was a starter, he almost always turned into a pumpkin after about 85 pitches, and Hyde knew that better than I did, and yet he almost always left him in 10 pitches too long.

And Hyde almost always waits too long to get a reliever up, even if he knows the current pitcher isn’t going to come out next inning.

It was really infuriating.

Yes last year’s Manager of the Year is infuriating.  Maybe one day we will get someone who wins every game.

6 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

That wasn't the pitch he got tossed for.  Cash was arguing the 0-0 pitch that got called a strike 4 inches above the zone.

This is the pitch you are talking about, and it's the same one as the ABS would have called a strike. The box on the TV is a lie.

image.png.0a30a0cbe6535417a090c816ef2e83a6.png

• Upvote 1