Povich headed to Toronto

I have relatively low expectations for Povich at MLB level, as I did for Suarez. I'm concerned about Bradish...if we lose him to long term injury, we are in big trouble . Hopefully Kremer will return soon, and pitch well..Povich likely wont be a long term rotation pitcher, but if he can give us 4 decent innings (if he starts) Thursday..it would be a plus.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Reminder that Szymborski in chat a couple weeks back mentioned the high offense Internatlonal League and tepid so far MLB of 2024 just about makes a pitcher's raw AAA stats and translated MLB stats the same.

He's 24.1 years old, hand picked by this regime, and been the best pitcher in his league for two months.     There ought to be hope here he can outplay Suarez or Irvin when Kremer returns the same as there is hope Norby can outplay Urias when Mateo returns.

Amazing if thats the case, that bodes well for Brandon Young too. McDermott's 5.9 BB9 doesn't suggest he's MLB ready.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wern't the Yankees just ravaged with injuries last season? 

They were, and the Orioles were remarkably healthy. Player and especially pitchers break. We were on borrowed time with Means and potentially Bradish, but luckily the orioles have found starting pitching depth with Suarez and Irvin. 

Irvin has been everything that we'd hope Means would be this year so far. Suarez has come out of basically nowhere and become a gift. 

On the farm, Povich and McDermott to a lesser extent look like they can contribute this year. Overall, the Orioles are in good shape even if God forbid they lose Bradish for the year at some point.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-kyle-bradish-start-could-be-pushed-to-friday/

This is the first official thing I've seen where someone is reporting that Bradish could start on Friday and that there's no physical issue, apparently. 

The Orioles are considering pushing Bradish's next scheduled start back a day to Friday in Tampa Bay, Danielle Allentuck of TheBaltimoreBanner.com reports.

Cade Povich will join Baltimore's taxi squad and looks in line to be called up from Triple-A Norfolk to start against the Blue Jays on Thursday, which had been Bradish's turn. Bradish doesn't seem to be battling any physical issue, but rather the team is simply looking to give him a little extra rest. Bradish is coming off his worst start of the season, having allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over 2.2 frames against the Rays this past Saturday.

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

If baseball gives us Cole-Burnes two Wednesday nights from now (would also I believe be the Juneteenth holiday), a watch party somewhere maybe ought to be considered.

Damn, I'm going to miss much of that one.

I'll be able to watch the beginning maybe at the Circa Sports book.

But I have dinner reservations at 5:30 (8:30 EDT) at Oscar's Steakhouse.   Being treated, belatedly, for my 60th birthday.

Haven't decided what I'm getting yet.

https://www.oscarslv.com/menu/dinner/

Yeah if Bradish starts on Thursday then his normal turn would have him miss the Yankee series entirely.  If he goes Friday then he could line up for game 1 of the series.

Seems highly likely to me that this is the actual reason for the delay; and understandable that they don't want to telegraph it to everyone that that is what's going on.

• Upvote 1

BB/9 change is 5.8 to 3.4 repeating AAA....I don't know how high a standard a guy has to perform to.

Nobody's perfect but he's a real prospect leading the league in K-bb, 4th in ERA, 2nd in strikeouts.

Kyle Bradish and Grayson Rodriguez both had like 7.00 ERA's their first 10 starts but the only way out of that is through.    I think he's the highest upside SP4 the Orioles are likely to have this season.

His control issues are overblown on here.  As I’ve stated a few times now, he was a control command guy in college.  His control issues were a result of working on his pitch design. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Damn, I'm going to miss much of that one.

I'll be able to watch the beginning maybe at the Circa Sports book.

But I have dinner reservations at 5:30 (8:30 EDT) at Oscar's Steakhouse.   Being treated, belatedly, for my 60th birthday.

Haven't decided what I'm getting yet.

https://www.oscarslv.com/menu/dinner/

Ceasar Salad - $16

Johnny Quinn's Crabcake - $28

10 Oz. Australian Filet (Wagyu) - $128

Baked or Mashed Potato - $14-15

Alaskan King Crab - $61

Carrot Cake - $9

Total less drinks 😀 - $256

Edited by FlaO'sFan
  • Upvote 2

Reminder that Szymborski in chat a couple weeks back mentioned the high offense Internatlonal League and tepid so far MLB of 2024 just about makes a pitcher's raw AAA stats and translated MLB stats the same.

He's 24.1 years old, hand picked by this regime, and been the best pitcher in his league for two months.     There ought to be hope here he can outplay Suarez or Irvin when Kremer returns the same as there is hope Norby can outplay Urias when Mateo returns.

Suarez has an ERA under 2 and Irvin's ERA is under 3.  I am no sure I understand the rush to replace them.  

10 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Ceasar Salad - $16

Johnny Quinn's Crabcake - $28

10 Oz. Australian Filet (Wagyu) - $128

Baked or Mashed Potato - $14-15

Alaskan King Crab - $61

Carrot Cake - $9

Total less drinks 😀 - $256

Since it's not my money, technically I shouldn't care (although we'll be treating someone else for THEIR 60th on next year's trip to Vegas so don't want to set the precedent too high).

But honestly, I just can't imagine that 10 ounces of meat could be so delicious that it would be worth $128.   I've never had Wagyu so who knows.