Wednesday, June 5: Orioles at Toronto

SteveA

Posted (edited)

Managing decisions aside, at some point later in the year we will need Kimbrel to beat the best dude the other team has to throw against us in a big situation. I am not too happy about the prospects.

Edited by Chavez Ravine

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

That was about as dominant a half inning as you’ll see.  Tip of the cap to Yimi. 

Yimi is a free agent after this year, and he's making $6 million this year.   If the Jays fall out of it, I wonder if they'll make him available???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

LOL.   We are on a pace to win 100+ games.   But it "feels like Elias is going to punt"????

You know better than to take anything he says seriously.

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

Managing decisions aside, at some point later in the year we will need Kimbrel to beat the best dude the other team has to throw against is in a big situation. I am not too happy about the prospects.

That's why Elias needs to trade for high leverage bullpen arm. I don't want rely on what version of Kimbrel decides to show up that night.

4 minutes ago, 86this said:

This may have saved Schneider's job.

The May 13 win in Baltimore, Schneider got demonstrative in his postgame interview how it was a big win for May 13th.

I feel like Atkins with this group early went to the "fire the manager" move, and Schneider still yet isn't to two full seasons.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Yimi is a free agent after this year, and he's making $6 million this year.   If the Jays fall out of it, I wonder if they'll make him available???

Yes please. 

2 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Managing decisions aside, at some point later in the year we will need Kimbrel to beat the best dude the other team has to throw against us in a big situation. I am not too happy about the prospects.

He was rusty today. 

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Do we?   We had scored 3+ runs in 13 games in a row until tonight.

This is the first time in two weeks we only got 2.

Tonight was a rarity.   We are the highest scoring team in all of baseball this year.   Ahead of the Yankees.

True except that during that same period we've lost ground.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yimi was worth -0.1 WAR last year. Maybe he has changed the repertoire and this is who he is now, but I wouldn't want to give up a lot for him.

8 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Yimi was worth -0.1 WAR last year. Maybe he has changed the repertoire and this is who he is now, but I wouldn't want to give up a lot for him.

And he stunk against the O's last year too. 

There's a warehouse analyst or three whose current job is mostly devoted to identifying which of this year's Yimi Garcias are the most likely to keep it going through October.