O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

10 hours ago, Malike said:

They are saying Cortes, Gil, and Cole on MLB radio for the Yankees against Suarez, Irvin, and Rodriguez.

We treated Cortes pretty rudely in the prior series (6 IP 4 ER).  Gil dominated us (6.1 IP, 0 R).  Rodriguez handled the Yankees (5.2 IP, 0 R).  We didn’t see Cole, they didn’t see Suarez or Irvin.

Since the Yankees left Baltimore:

Judge 1.444

Soto 1.039

Stanton .818

Trevino .775

Volpe .728

Torres .703

Verdugo .698

Rizzo .556

It’s still basically a two-man offense.  

I am going to the game on Thursday. This is my second time at the new Yankee Stadium (sat in the bleachers in 2014 for Jeter's second to last game, wearing my O's 2014 division champions sweatshirt).

I am sitting in a good seat this time and will be getting there early.

• Like 1

Anthony Rizzo left tonight's game with "a lower right arm injury".

Red Sox stole 9 bases tonight.   5 off Stroman, 4 off the bullpen.   (All off C Jose Trevino, one of the two Cs who have split time for the behind the plate for the Yankees this year).

With the Yankee loss, the Orioles, Yankees, and Phillies are all tied in the loss column at 24, the lowest total in the MLB,

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Malike said:

They are saying Cortes, Gil, and Cole on MLB radio for the Yankees against Suarez, Irvin, and Rodriguez.

MLB.com still has Suarez, Povich and Irvin. I personally think it would be smart to piggyback Suarez and Povich. 

10 hours ago, frankwhite said:

"I hope we win one" is such weak energy, They're a good team but so are the O's.  

Teams should be fearing the O’s not the other way around.

The way some fans talk about the yanks and oh let’s just escape NY with one win you would think this is a message board for an underachieving NL team hovering around .500

Yankees and Os have each allowed 250 runs. Thats the fewest in baseball.

Yankees have scored 10 more runs.  Yankees are first in runs scored.  Os are second.  Don’t forget, Yankees have played 3 more games.

Os are 22-10 on the road. Yankees are 22-10 at home.

Yankees have out scored opponents by 124 runs.  Os are 114.  First and second in baseball.

The Yankees, Os and Phils are tied for fewest losses in the majors.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Malike said:

The Yankees have great pitching to date. With the exception of two players they aren't exactly the scariest lineup on earth and shouldn't be elevated to the '27 Yankees status.

image.thumb.png.3c8f878760d59dc4ca1410fa60cc15f6.png

I for one am terrified of the Jahmai Jones Revenge Series. 

I wish MLB would change their playoff rules. I’m not just saying this because it’s the Orioles either. 

Bottom line is it’s highly possible these two teams wind up not only 1-2 in Division but in AL. Then if they meet up in playoffs it’s the DS round and not possible in the LCS. MLB should allow a WC team to be a 3 seed instead of 4 over the weakest division champ. For one your reward for winning the division is to face a division team right away and two wouldn’t you rather have the possibility of the two best teams meeting in the LCS anyway?

The OP is too pessimistic. NYY is 5-5 in their last 10, Orioles are 8-2. NYY have cooled down, as predicted. The O's are getting them at the right time. With that said, it's baseball. Anything can happen. I would be surprised if the Orioles don't take at least 2 out of 3, though.