Wednesday 6/19 @ NYY

Morgan423

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Reading is really hard, people were comparing his windup and delivery to Fried, they are remarkably similar if you look at the damned overlay. Not one single person said the results were like Frieds.

That was a little tongue and cheek but the hyperbole was a little much last week even with the overlays..

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I get that it was a weak draft but I want a higher ceiling out of 1-2.

And that's not hindsight talking.

Also Westburg signed for slot.

I was trying to be difficult.

That said I wanted Martin so I got it wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

enormously high pitch count...terrible command...not a good recipe to beat the Yankees...

I am not watching... Is is terrible command, or are the Yankees just very selective? I think they lead MLB in walks.

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

It can improve.  I just have seen two pitchers in a row pitching scared.  Beside Judge and Soto, there isn’t anyone you have to be terribly careful with. 

I hope he was pitching scared…but it could be this is just his stone cold pitching.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Right, why not just do the prudent thing and look at the larger sample sizes? See the upward trend? It's pretty nice.  
    • https://www.baseballamerica.com/rankings/2024-top-mlb-draft-prospects/   Baseball America says Brecht too. 
    • Fair enough. I simply looked at the most recent two weeks or 14 games I think (which aside from 1 game are quite underwhelming). I didn't look beyond that. Hopefully he heats back up. Two weeks is already a small enough sample size. I'm sure I could find another mediocre week but I don't really care to go tit for tat with endless cherry picking.
    • Maybe the Orioles could trade Norby as part of a package to the Mariners to land a pitcher. I don't think the Mariners are going to be eager to part with any established veteran pitchers, but Elias might as well do his due diligence and ask.
    • If you start penciling in our top prospects into 2025 and 2026 lineups it starts to look stupid good. One of the problems with trading HUGE prospects for players with a couple of years of control is the price tag to keep them. So we have to pay a huge prospect burden just to pay a huge salary. A replacement for the prospect adds a cost and the extension of the SP adds a cost. Personally, I would hold on to the top prospects and trade from the rest. If I did trade a top guy I would want 3+ years of team control on that SP. But... if Bradish and Kremer are not hurt, we are not having this conversation IMO. We are adding a reliever or two and maybe a RH bat.
    • So if we're being honest he had one bad week, right? The last 7 days are included in the last two weeks.
    • The question was asked somewhere of the Rangers fans, whether they were fine with a terrible season this year if they won the World Series last season. The answer is of course yes it’s OK to have a terrible season in the year after winning a World Series, especially given that that’s exactly what is happening now. I would like to be the Cardinals or the Rays, who have an excellent team every single year, avoid stupid free agent contracts, trade wisely, spend wisely, and draft very well.  With that in mind, as long as as we don’t empty our Farm for rentals, or do stupid Davies-for-Parra trades in a “win everything this season and damn the future,” attitude, I don’t care. When the Jesuit missionaries discovered how to get quinine, which cures and prevents malaria, from the bark of the Chinchona tree, they always planted five trees, in the shape of a cross, for every one they harvested for its bark. So, whoever we trade, we have to acquire quality and quantity replacements for whomever is departing. With that guideline in mind, I don’t care who they trade.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now