Jordan Sanchez 2024

jabba72

I see he made Tony's power rankings at #30.  

Year Age AgeDif Tm Lg Lev Aff G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB
2024 18 0.3 Orioles Orange DOSL FRk BAL 14 61 50 18 20 7 1 3 17 3 2 10 13 .400 .492 .760 1.252 38 0 0 0 1

Off to a nice start to his career. Looks like he has a pretty nice swing. 

• Upvote 1

• Tony-OH changed the title to Jordan Sanchez 2024

To put Sanchez’s start into context, last summer only three Orioles DSL players hit 3 homers all season: Joshua Liranzo 5 (201 PA), Juan Martinez 4 (146 PA), and Jose Perez 3 (141 PA).  Sanchez has 3 in 61 PA.  Of course, Sanchez is 18.7 years old, about a year older than the average DSL player.   

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

To put Sanchez’s start into context, last summer only three Orioles DSL players hit 3 homers all season: Joshua Liranzo 5 (201 PA), Juan Martinez 4 (146 PA), and Jose Perez 3 (141 PA).  Sanchez has 3 in 61 PA.  Of course, Sanchez is 18.7 years old, about a year older than the average DSL player.   

2-4 with another HR and 8th!! 2B today. This guys putting himself on the map. He could be promoted to the FCL if he hits like this another week. But I dont know if there's any transition issue or lengthy process for players in the DSL coming to the states.

I’ve been high on him in the DSL thread. I couldn’t figure out who is swing reminded me of until now…Christian Yelich. It’s been a amazing start and I’d imagine he starts in Delmarva next year.

2 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I’ve been high on him in the DSL thread. I couldn’t figure out who is swing reminded me of until now…Christian Yelich. It’s been an amazing start and I’d imagine he starts in Delmarva next year.

I think Delmarva is possible to start next year but consider this.   Since the Elias regime came into power, I don’t believe any position prospect ended a season in the DSL and started the next season at Delmarva.  However, because he’s 19 next year and he’s excelling to this degree it seems possible and maybe even probable.

31 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think Delmarva is possible to start next year but consider this.   Since the Elias regime came into power, I don’t believe any position prospect ended a season in the DSL and started the next season at Delmarva.  However, because he’s 19 next year and he’s excelling to this degree it seems possible and maybe even probable.

Good point.  That's a big dude though.  Considering we don't draft a lot of HS bats, maybe he gets promoted once the Florida Complex League starts up barring no visa issues.  

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Good point.  That's a big dude though.  Considering we don't draft a lot of HS bats, maybe he gets promoted once the Florida Complex League starts up barring no visa issues.  

If you’re talking about this year the Florida Complex League is in full swing and ends about a week after the draft.

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

2-4 with another HR and 8th!! 2B today. This guys putting himself on the map. He could be promoted to the FCL if he hits like this another week. But I dont know if there's any transition issue or lengthy process for players in the DSL coming to the states.

That could only happen if they have a VISA open and they probably don't. Besides, the FCL season ends early this year (July 25th). It would be cool if they did because if he hit will he's be on track to hit Delmarva at 19 next year. He still could if they think he's that advanced, but remember, we all have to take these DSL stats with a grain of salt. 

But he's having a heck of a start to his professional career.

29 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

2-3 HR 3 RBI so far today. This kid is on a heater.

You’re on top of things.  Lol

Angel Garcia, 17, started the 6-run second, with his 2nd homer in two days.  Emilio Sanchez, our top bonus guy has 2 hits and is 11-23 after a slow start.   The Black team is winning 8-0.  Elvin Garcia, 17, is 2-3 with a 2B and 3B, currently hitting .429 with a 1.269 OPS.  Then you have Stiven Martinez, 16, Adriander Mejia, 17, with a bunch of 18 yo from last years class (Jose Mejia, Luis Guevera, Felix Amparo) all doing great.  And I forgot Saul Gomez, 17, and a few others.

Not to mention, the pitching looks better this year than ever before with some 17-19 year olds.   I was excited about the 22 class (Tavera, Sosa, Arias, and Estrada).  I was pretty happy with the 23 class (Liranzo) but this one, so far, is off the charts.

Pay Koby!

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

2-3 HR 3 RBI so far today. This kid is on a heater.

Sanchez's OPS right now is a Bonds-like 1.323, while no one else in todays lineup has an OPS over .923. Orioles Orange is 13-3 on the season. 

• 2 weeks later...