6/29 vs Texas Rangers

Morgan423

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

Craig Kimbrel's the best reliever we got right now... whether we like it or not

He reminds me of Randy “Okay” Myers in 1997. Every save was a nail-biter, but he usually got them. This is save #20 for Kimbrel, not too shabby.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yeah, we only post negative stuff about Holliday  in this thread.  Put this crap in the minor league thread 
    • I said that was the date reality (everybody gets serious) begins.  All the players actually available won't be determined until the teams on the bubble decide whether or not they are going to invest in the rest of the season.  With the current Wild Card setup, that doesn't happen until the last minute.
    • You gave the arbitrary date of July 19th.
    • I don't have a Baseball America subscription, but you are able to read an in depth analysis on Coby Nayo's batting metrics here https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/coby-mayo-jackson-holliday-headline-10-statcast-standouts/ Interesting stuff.   He looks like a guy we should consider holding onto. 
    • It's not the next 18 days, it's the next 30 days less the AS break, roughly 15% of the season.  My point is that a lot will change in the last two weeks before the trade deadline.  It's a little early to call a radical seller's market where Tanner Scott is the clear front-runner.
    • Unnecessarily Socratic response, FRobby. There is no position more important to the Orioles right now than backup catcher as crazy as that sounds.  The incumbent is hurting the team with his bat.  Basallo will some day soon create a great split responsibility with Adley and another big bat at least vs RHP. 2B?  All eggs are in the Holliday basket, but if he can't stay healthy this year and Mateo falls off as in the past, 2 great backup options exist 1) Norby or 2) Westburg moves back to 2B and Mayo is promoted to play 3B. CF? Of all CFs in the game I'd trade him for Judge (if I could be sure the contract would not screw up the chance to sign Gunnar) and I'd trade him even up for Jackson Merrill who is 21, from Baltimore area, and hitting well for the Padres, but is another LHB.  I wouldn't trade him for Duran, for example, who is 2nd in WAR among CFs at 1.4, has good OPS, but is approaching age 28 despite 4 years of team control.  No way I trade him for Robert as I have detailed elsewhere.  I think the Orioles are better off for now, using some combination of Cowser, Mullins, and Hays in CF rather than trading Basallo for anyone else not named above that comes with a significant price tag. Corner OF spots, DH, 1B are jammed now with players/prospects who can hit (Cowser, Kjerstad, Mountcastle, Santander, O'Hearn, Stowers).  No additions needed. 3B?  Westburg is having a great year and Mayo is ready and should be promoted which puts pressure either on 3B to move Westy to 2nd or the already jammed corner OF/1B/DH group, but he is a much-needed RHB.
  • Popular Contributors