7/2 vs Seattle Mariners

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That was my first thought.

I don’t know if he didn’t think he could throw him out but do you have to make it look like you are trying?

Runner could stumble.   You gotta throw.

Is there a site that tracks a team's ability to move runners over?  Honest question.  I feel we're poor at that despite our being the league's best offense.  But it's probably not true that we're poor at it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• This is it right here. The ideal scenario. 
    • Definitely don't want Soto back.  I'm on the fence w/ Dominguez. I guess he's a fine hedge in the event that Felix isn't effective from the jump.  I don't want Rogers on this roster. As said before, I want an open competition for the 5th spot between Suarez, Povich, McDermott, Rogers. If Suarez doesn't make the rotation, he goes into the bullpen. Povich/McDermott/Rogers all have options. If I had it my way, here's what the 13 pitcher breakdown would be: SP1: Free Agent Signing (Snell, Burnes, Fried, etc.) SP2: Eflin SP3: Grayson SP4: Kremer SP5: Free Agent Signing and/or competition w/ Suarez, McDermott, Rogers, Povich Closer: Felix High Leverage: Coulombe High Leverage: Free Agent Signing Middle Reliever: Free Agent Signing *or* Dominguez Middle Reliever: Cano Middle Reliever: Webb Middle Reliever: Akin Middle/Long Reliever: Suarez I'd like to see this club sign a SP1, SP5, a high leverage arm and a reliable middle reliever type..
    • Have you not noticed, Frobby is not among us and I don't blame him one bit. Has been absent since last Wednesday evening.  By the way, I long lost track of any point and particularly relevance this discussion has to Burnes and 400 million.  Seems we are revisiting a lot of he should have - they could of - why can't we now. Great tangent though! Again, for the record, I believe no one is going to give Burnes anything close to 400 million. So my answer to the OP is again - No One!!!!
    • This posts wreaks of someone who has no idea what the cost of relievers are nowadays. Which is, of course, no surprise that you aren’t informed. Now that said, I don’t have an issue if you take someone out..I asked that very question. Who do you take out or what do you not acquire in favor of keeping Suarez?
    • You always have room for another high leverage guy.  And Akin has an option left according to FG.
    • Yea.  I feel the same way.  I really do not care strongly one way or another.  Sure, I think it's kind of ugly.  I also think HR's came pretty cheap before.  I like the exciting defensive plays it fosters and of course the random triple & odd carom make for some fun and unique moments.  But I don't think it helps or hurts the team in any substantial way short of helping out the pitching a little.   I sure don't think the players are changing their approaches.  If they keep it as is, that's fine with me.  If they modify it some way, that's fine with me as well.  It does seem like there is some opportunity for some unique seats down there by modifying it slightly.  When I first saw it, it almost appeared like a construction Phase 1.  That might be reasoning for pushing it back so far, allows them some flexibility in the future.   I also don't buy that a Free Agent RH hitter is going to care at all about the wall.   They are getting paid regardless.  I'd think that 1-maximizing payday 2-playing for a winner 3-finding a location that suits your family would be your priorities and your long-term stat line would be very close to the bottom of your list of concerns.  
    • His "ability to play RF" carries about $0 value
  • Popular Contributors