Way Under The Radar

RZNJ

Just now, RZNJ said:

So, you’re saying he’s off the radar.  Ok. 

Haha. He is for me, but if you want to track him, feel free.

I've watched some of his at bats this year and he is not impressive at all. Just a situation where he probably peaked at 14-15 years old and now the Orioles have to eat that money and move on. He might survive the year because Griff O'Ferrall is the only infielder that should be coming from the draft class since it's doubtful they will throw a high schooler (Layton) into Low-A the year he was drafted.

Though they sent Anderson De Los Santos back so he could in theory play the 3B Hernandez has been playing.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

@Tony-OH any info on Ty Weatherly?

6’6” 23 y/o with only 46 career innings.  But only given up 27 hits 2 HR 17 walks while striking out 60. 

I’m pretty sure Tony was watching that game on Milb.tv last night, so hopefully he’ll give some thoughts.  

9 hours ago, emmett16 said:

@Tony-OH any info on Ty Weatherly?

6’6” 23 y/o 2023 UDFA with only 46 career innings.  But only given up 27 hits 2 HR 17 walks while striking out 60. 

I posted this in the Delmarva thread, but I'll post it here as well.

Tall, lanky right-hander with a bit of a herky, jerky delivery. Announcer said low-mid 90s fastball but then never gave another velocity reading (I don't know if these guys just don't have velocity readings during the games or what, but both Delmarva and Aberdeen's announcers rarely give velocity readings and it's frustrating).

His best pitch is a slider that his good horizontal movement that he'll throw in any count. In fact, seemed to be his go to strike pitch most of the outing. He did get swings and misses on his fastball up at times, but pitches off the slider.

He has a show me, get me over slow curveball that wont be effective at upper levels, and did show a decent changeup a few times against lefties, getting two swing and miss Ks with the pitch low in the dirt. Doesn't have a good feel for the pitch, but can use it to get low-A lefties to chase.

• Thanks 1