7/6 Game two versus Oakland

accinfo

I'm not trying to be rude by asking this, but how can some people be so upset when we will be leading our division by two games after this? It's one game. We will right the ship soon. I have concerns about the pitching too, but we are having a great season, and I can't imagine that we stay put at the deadline. Now if that happens, I will be upset, but the AL doesn't have a juggernaut team that we should be afraid of. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

I'm not trying to be rude by asking this, but how can some people be so upset when we will be leading our division by two games after this? It's one game. We will right the ship soon. I have concerns about the pitching too, but we are having a great season, and I can't imagine that we stay put at the deadline. Now if that happens, I will be upset, but the AL doesn't have a juggernaut team that we should be afraid of. 

I'm fine with the team, but burning out this bullpen is what concerns me. They need to get through the next 8 days until the all star break. I'm hoping by the 31st we see Elias acquire a couple pitchers.

3 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

I haven’t seen anyone that upset. Upset with Povich yes. Upset with leaving bases loaded yes. Upset with the team no.

• Upvote 1

Oakland broadcaster (Dallas Braden) just said Medina threw an Ephus to Schuemann to start the double-play (39 mph).  Also described it as a shot-put and a practice through for when he is tossing the ball to a fan.  How does Adley get doubled up on that?

10 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Good fact check. So 50% of the time he has no clue whether the baseball is going into the stands or into a competitive part of the strike zone. The other 50% of the time, he’s a pitcher.

That was pretty close to the pattern for most of his career in the minors.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Burnes can pitch only if he goes Tuesday. 

I guess technically with the off day he'd be on regular rest Tuesday. But knowing Hyde, he'll keep everyone on regular turn. Kremer Burnes Suarez  vs CHC and Povich Grod Kremer vs NYY 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm fine with the team, but burning out this bullpen is what concerns me. They need to get through the next 8 days until the all star break. I'm hoping by the 31st we see Elias acquire a couple pitchers.

Always possible they send down Povich after next start and get another pen arm up for Yanks series. 

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yes but this doesn't include Dylan Bundy's start against KC where he gave up 7 runs and didn't record an out. Arguably the worst start in Orioles history.