Crochet trade proposal

I am proposing a Crochet trade proposal.  I really feel like the O's need another elite starter to have a good chance at winning the World Series.  I've decided giving up Basallo is not a good idea and he might be a superstar in the future (might not also).  I came up with a package centered around Kjerstad.

I don't think anyone else will like my package, but I think the only way to get an elite pitcher like Crochet w/o one of the big three is having someone like Kjertad and adding multiple other prospects. 

White Sox trade:  Crochet

Orioles trade:   Kjerstad,  #5 McDermott, #9  A. Estrada, #12 J. Baumeister.  Listed player's ranking on Tony's prospect ranking.  Kjerstad is no longer listed, he was #4 when he was still listed.  White Sox get a guy that will be a fixture in right field for years, a guy in McDermott that could be an elite bullpen guy or backend starter, a guy in Estrada that could play a decent 2B with major upside (people are going to kill me for including him), and Baumeister another guy who could be an elite bullpen guy. 

Let the hate flow.  :skeletor: 

Would like to hear from the White Sox guy or possibly Orioles fan that could imagine if they were a White Sox GM.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Not even for one of our top 3 prospects? If so, is it likely that DET could do better in the offseason or next deadline?

I haven't seen anything that says that Skubal is available this deadline.  It would seem his value is at its height and they are no where close to a playoff team.  I'm not interested in discussing Skubal, but you could start a Skubal trade thread.

We aren't the only team with talented prospects that will be interested in Crochet. I personally believe it will take one of the top 3 prospects and Kjerstad/Cowser. It will not be cheap and they are looking to get a real headstart on a rebuild and this is their biggest chip.

• Upvote 1

It's likely Crochet goes to the Dodgers.  Prospects are just another tool to get the players they need for the Dodgers.  I was looking at a top 30 prospect list and thought, he's not a Dodger any more.  It was a 2022 list and 11 of 30 prospects were no longer with the Dodgers.  Obviously the Dodgers have the money to fill in all the holes they create if they trade 1/2 their prospects, they O's do not.  I'm just trying to see if it's possible to piece together a deal for one of the most valuable assets in baseball, a young ace.