2024 Draft Tracker

2 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

27k?   Yikes At least give him 40k so he can buy a decent car. 

The standard back in the day used to be 10K for these guys.

I figure most of them only spend a year or two playing ball before getting on with their life.  Hopefully he graduated.

44 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

That puts us with 540k extra with the three signings so far to go to the overslot guys.  

We’ll get another 100-130k for the 10th round senior sign as well. Plus 5% overage we are allowed (if they take advantage) gives a 1.1-1.2mm to play with give or take, to get overn, Layton, and whichever of the hs / comm college guys from 10-12. Those are the only real ones with leverage. 

I also still think there’s a chance we can get some savings out of Honeycutt, but who knows. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I was very much bothered by the offensive game plan last night. How are they going to use Henry? He likes to operate when the QB is under center and Lamar likes to operate from The shotgun. How will the Ravens adjust to that AND not be predictable? Where were the quick, short passes. Slants, etc…the Chiefs were running that Rice in the middle vs a LBer play all night. Where is that for the Ravens?    I get so tired of the lack of adjustments. It’s like, this is an our game plan and we are staying with it even if it’s not working. 
    • The Os took him because they were seeing through the flaws and saw an immense talent with high upside. But they have to fix the flaws for him to be anything more than an AAAA player. It's really that simple.
    • Nice article.   When the Orioles picked him, I have no doubt that they knew his flaws but still felt his talent was too good to pass up with the #22 slot.  Let's hope he figures it out.   Heck, how many guys drafted at 1/22 make it anyway?
    • Right, he's just been more pitch efficient with the Rays. I just find it interesting that their new teams have found ways to make all of them better initially.  Some believe the Elias regime have some kind of magic fairy dust that makes players better when they come into this organization because of the success of relievers like Perez, Cano, Webb, and Coulombe, but when you see their young pitching prospects getting selected by teams in trades, and then they have better success right away, it does make you wonder. Johnson was almost 26-years old and wasn't allowed to throw 70 pitches in a game and only made it to 5 innings in two of his starts with the Orioles. Why?  I can kinda understand 18-21 year olds being under fairly strict pitching counts, but even the college pitchers are getting put under pretty strict limits when they were throwing 90+ pitches a game in college. I just don't get why the Orioles have taken this route when it's shown no ability to limit injuries or produce major league pitching effectively. I just want to interview Elias and it would probably go like this: Elias: You want answers? Me: I want the truth! Elias: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men who throw baseballs. Who's gonna do it? You? You, @Frobby? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Johnson and you curse our development staff. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Johnson's development with us, while tragic, probably saved other young pitchers arms. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves those arms! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me protecting those arms. You need me protecting those arms. We use words like "innings limit", "low pitch counts", "4 inning starts". We use these words as the backbone of a baseball life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline on that Orioles Hangout. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very organization that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a baseball, and try to throw more than 70 pitches in an outing once a week. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to! Me: A little dramatic there Mike. I just think you should let your pitchers throw more pitches and innings once they hit 21 years old. Sheesh! 
    • Right. I think there’s a difference between discussing it and what many are doing.  
    • The only reason I find it interesting is because he’s an ex elite WR and knows how to play the position. 
    • After seeing it more this morning, I think the throw to Likely before that was actually worse. The Flowers play can at least be several different reasons why it didn’t work. The Likely play was just bad football by Lamar. 
  • Popular Contributors