Wednesday 7/10 Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

5 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Base hits work as well guys.  LHP really confound this offense if the RHH are not hitting. Apparently the heat is now limiting BP team is tired before the game starts according to Kevin Brown. 

Mountcastle is 3-3 Hays has a rocket double and a fly out that is a homer in 26 of the 30 stadiums.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• You are probably right. Also the bullpen looks a lot better with Bautista coming back. It's a tally been solid since we demoted Kimbrel and picked up Seranthony. Bautista, Cano, Seranthony is solid along with Cionel, Akin, and maybe Soto. Might not need much more than that.
    • https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/41174808/nestor-cortes-obviously-upset-demotion-yankees-bullpen   Cry, Nestor. 
    • Since August 1, below are the results between our Young Core vs. Role Vets.  Keep in mind that the Young Core’s metrics are boosted by Gunnar’s 800+ OPS in that time period.   OPS xOPS Young Core .676 .683 Role Vets .739 .750 Young Core - Rutschman, Henderson, Cowser, Holliday, Mayo Role Vets - O’Hearn, Urias, Mullins, Slater, Jimenez, McCann, Maton, Rivera Not included as everyday vets - Santander, Mountcastle
    • They won’t. They also demand that prospects come up and mash right away. 
    • We'll never know but I'll wonder where we'd be today if the 275/28 ratio between Urias and Mayo PA were different - basically going to Mayo on something like the '22 Adley timeline. One of the PECOTA previews BP did a couple years ago guessed the Orioles might beat them because it seemed like Elias/Sig had that Cardinals thing where their Bats would "hit the ground running" more than typical Clubs. Adley and Gunnar did that, but those early successes haven't seen repeated results with Westburg, Cowser, Kjerstad, Holliday or Mayo. In Westburg and Cowser's cases, growth came.    But it looks a lot like the long term deployment choices are going to end up with 2-3 positions being papered over some during a postseason run. The Orioles have enjoyed some good play from Urias this season as for several seasons, but in 2024 it also included an opportunity cost of acclimating Mayo to the show.    The 2023 Orioles were much greener in their first playoff appearance than they had to be. I'm not that worried about Mayo putting up numbers in the Cowser like workload I believe he has coming his way next season, but I am worried somebody's going 1-for-10 or 2-for-20 in an upcoming Yankees series or two.
    • There’s no reason to add Van Loon or Pham now.   If next season, they’re performing well and we need to put them on the shuttle, they can be added then.    Frankly, I don’t even think Young would be selected by another team but I do think he’ll be added.
  • Popular Contributors