Can rain be a "friend" to our slumping O's?

Theres rain forecasted for tonight around 8 pm. If it rains over the stadium and Povich is shaky, there could be a delay or postponement. and Povich could be pulled.....On the other hand, Gerrit Cole who has also been rocked lately, would likely also be pulled from the game. We don't have our best pitchers in this  significant series. I think rain will play a big part in this weekend's series...I hope we win  one game of the three. Both teams are really slumping. 

I am definitely pulling for the rain. Any days we can scratch off the calendar to get closer to the All Star break and/or the trade deadline without losing and while resting guys is fine by me. 

Edited by interloper
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Winter said:

doesn't the sunday 11am start time already make it a favorable day for a double header? 

Prominent MLBPA members craving the All-Star break and their flights to Texas might strike on the spot if the league tried to pull a stunt like that!

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

From pinstripe alley: amazing that they are as scared of this series as some of us are

“Can't remember wishing for a complete NYY weekend rainout. Readjust and regroup.”

Of course they are also scared-- we are ahead of them in the standings and they haven't won a series against us in a year and a half! 

One point against the rainout dream: because of the Cubs shellacking, the back end of our bullpen is uniquely well rested. The Yankees just played three close games at the Trop so that is less true for them. 

Not going to be enough rain for a rainout. Povich will probably throw 6 shutout, they'll score 10 runs and everybody will be making their World Series reservations again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Theres rain forecasted for tonight around 8 pm. If it rains over the stadium and Povich is shaky, there could be a delay or postponement. and Povich could be pulled.....On the other hand, Gerrit Cole who has also been rocked lately, would likely also be pulled from the game. We don't have our best pitchers in this  significant series. I think rain will play a big part in this weekend's series...I hope we win  one game of the three. Both teams are really slumping. 

Nah, let's win them all. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, interloper said:

I am definitely pulling for the rain. Any days we can scratch off the calendar to get closer to the All Star break and/or the trade deadline without losing and while resting guys is fine by me. 

Yeah but then they get made up in a doubleheader, the games don't just go away because of the rain. I can't believe it's gotten to the point of people hoping for rainouts because they think this team is so bad and they need to be saved.

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t look like the rain will affect this game as much as we thought. Didn’t see it us favor us in any way. The numbers may not suggest this but I did not like the option of a bullpen game to begin with.

3 hours ago, Malike said:

Yeah but then they get made up in a doubleheader, the games don't just go away because of the rain. I can't believe it's gotten to the point of people hoping for rainouts because they think this team is so bad and they need to be saved.

Yeah but I'm rolling the dice that by the time the double header is played the team isn't is a horrendous slump. I just want to get to the break and hope it snaps them out of this.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Yeah but I'm rolling the dice that by the time the double header is played the team isn't is a horrendous slump. I just want to get to the break and hope it snaps them out of this.

They don't come back to Baltimore, they play the doubleheader tomorrow in that case.