Kjerstad is going to be a big factor in this team's success...hopefully theres no trauma from the beaning.

He looked pretty alert and joking after the game last night, a game in which he was hit in the ear flap of his helmet. Thankfully, he walked off under his own power. Hyde may sit him today, and maybe he'll sit till after the break. But I think it's just a temporary set back. This kid can hit.He's hit well over .400 in his last 17 ABs, and doesnt look overmatched even when he strikes out. He's a serviceable outfielder, faster than some people think. I just hope he has no lingering trauma from the hit to the head. I saw Paul Blair hit in the face by Ken Tatum in 1970 and was never really the same hitter. I think Kjerstad will not be traumatised in the same way, for one reason and one reason alone. He suffered no facial issues or injuries. 

That is precisely why he needs to be in the line up tonight. I realize we live in a "soft" time (can't block home plate, if a pitch is two inches inside its a big deal. . . etc.) but he should be right back in the line up. The more time he has to dwell on it, it could be bad. 

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So if he slumps now, will everyone blame it on getting hit in the head?

Assuredly.

And if he goes on a heater, it will be the Heston Kjerstad revenge tour fueled by his hatred of the Yankees.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Upvote 2