July 20th @ Rangers

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

That's why it's descriptive and not predictive. There is enough advanced scouting on where to play guys and it doesn't take anything but EV and LA into account. You could hit a ball 100 MPH on the ground to 3B on 1 hop 100 times and make 100 outs but your xBA would be .600 despite being .000

I understand it’s descriptive.  Even with advanced scouting balls that are hit hard at certain LA only give defenders so much time to make a play.  If that small @ 102.2 is hit with 5 degree more loft it’s a HR.  I’ll take a guy that’s hitting the ball hard like that all day.  The HR is in play a lot more often.  

Just now, Malike said:

Westy has really been struggling of late. He's flirting with being sub .800 OPS for maybe the first time since April.

He has to make some adjustments. Guys are busting him up and in. 

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

I understand it’s descriptive.  Even with advanced scouting balls that are hit hard at certain LA only give defenders so much time to make a play.  If that small @ 102.2 is hit with 5 degree more loft it’s a HR.  I’ll take a guy that’s hitting the ball hard like that all day.  The HR is in play a lot more often.  

Gunnars first out is an out 100 times out of 100 times. The launch angle was -2 and the EV was 100.5. The xBA was .440.