AL playoff picture

eddie83

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Eventually, a couple of these teams will resume playing well.  Will we?

The Dodgers get Betts back this week so that should propel them to solid finish.  I am not sure how many bullets we have left to jump start us with all the injuries.  Holliday gave the offense a nice jolt but Mayo has not.  It is gonna have to be the guys on the roster just stepping up some.  The defense has been much better last 5 games so that hopefully settling down.  Mountcastle is playing so so but we could really use one of his hot streaks where he carries offense for a week like we have in past.  He hasn’t had that this year l keep waiting for it.  

4 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Mountcastle is playing so so but we could really use one of his hot streaks where he carries offense for a week like we have in past.  He hasn’t had that this year l keep waiting for it.  

He also hasn’t had one of his super cold streaks.  It’s been his most consistent year but the end results have been pretty typical so far.   

I expect NYY to pull ahead a bit the next 2 weeks.  12 of their next 15 are against CHW, DET, WAS and COL.  That's a pretty soft stretch. But we get our crack at CHW and COL after that.  Just keep it tight these next few weeks and we'll be in good shape.

• Upvote 1

The Red Sox just took a 3-1 lead on 5 walks in the 5th inning.   Not one single hit sac fly absolutely nothing but 5 walks.  Chafin  came in with 2 on and faced 3 hitters and walked every single one of them and threw 4 strikes.  

8 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

White Sox up 11-2 in the 7th. Man, doin’ us a solid!

Pinstripe Alley must be pretty toxic right now…

De Los Santos who they traded for at deadline just looked like Soto giving up 6 runs in 2/3 an inning.  

50 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

De Los Santos who they traded for at deadline just looked like Soto giving up 6 runs in 2/3 an inning.  

And it's final...12-2 win for the White Sox. Nice work, guys! If we can sweep the Nats, we at least stay .5 games up. 

On 8/11/2024 at 6:10 PM, Frobby said:

He also hasn’t had one of his super cold streaks.  It’s been his most consistent year but the end results have been pretty typical so far.   

Hard to say Mountcastle's results have been typical when he has only 13 HR.  I had to check his stats when someone mentioned his HR total because I didn't believe he had so few.  Mountcastle is a guy who hasn't really improved since his rookie year and might be regressing other than his defense 

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hard to say Mountcastle's results have been typical when he has only 13 HR.  I had to check his stats when someone mentioned his HR total because I didn't believe he had so few.  Mountcastle is a guy who hasn't really improved since his rookie year and might be regressing other than his defense 

More doubles and triples though - he's on 40 extra-base hits same as last year in about 25 fewer PA.

I think somewhere between Mountcastle/Eloy power and Mayo power is where beating Walltimore regularly begins to occur.    Not that Mayo could hit the proverbial water falling out of a boat just this minute.