Trade talk

Ripken3184

Any new thoughts on trades?   I think we are out on both Crochet and Skubal.  But I believe we will trade for a solid number three type for the rotation.  Maybe a Jameson Taillon or Chris Bassitt type.   
I would love to see the O’s get Skubal though.  I think I might be in the minority when I say trade Holliday.  I think with Gunnar, Westy, Mayo and Norby, we can afford to move Holliday.  And the Tigers would love to have him and be rid of the horrible Javier Baez at SS.  Obviously Holliday would not be enough.  I would suggest also trading a promising OFer, maybe Jud Fabian, a promising IFer, Max Wagner and also throw in a promising SP, like Seth Johnson.   
Thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Ripken3184 said:

Any new thoughts on trades?   I think we are out on both Crochet and Skubal.  But I believe we will trade for a solid number three type for the rotation.  Maybe a Jameson Taillon or Chris Bassitt type.   
I would love to see the O’s get Skubal though.  I think I might be in the minority when I say trade Holliday.  I think with Gunnar, Westy, Mayo and Norby, we can afford to move Holliday.  And the Tigers would love to have him and be rid of the horrible Javier Baez at SS.  Obviously Holliday would not be enough.  I would suggest also trading a promising OFer, maybe Jud Fabian, a promising IFer, Max Wagner and also throw in a promising SP, like Seth Johnson.   
Thoughts? 

Not picking on you but we have a trade deadline thread.

54 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not picking on you but we have a trade deadline thread.

Was just about to say this.  You can’t miss it.  No need for this thread.  Just post in the other one.  @Ripken3184 must think he’s Roy Frickin Firestone.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ripken3184 said:

Thoughts? 

How would Holliday not be enough? NO.

4 hours ago, Ripken3184 said:

Thoughts? 

The Jays said they’re not moving Bassitt as they look to go for it in 2025.

3 hours ago, Safelykept said:

How would Holliday not be enough? NO.

I've seen posts articles (I think it was Verducci?) that suggest Holliday plus is necessary for Skubal.  As highliy touted as Holliday is, Skubal has proven his worth in the big leagues and sorely fits a need for the Orioles.  I think I would begrudgingly move Holliday for Skubal, and I expect it would take more than just Holliday.

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Are we sure that’s not posturing?

Very well could be but they put 300mill in the Rogers center and may feel pressured to put out a competitive team next year.

Who knows, maybe if they lose tonight and tomorrow they may shift gears at the last hour.