July 27th vs. San Diego

nevadaO

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Wait.  Hold on.  Is that a new gf? Because I remember his other one and she didn't look that good.

That being said....what in the F is that outfit he has on?  I mean wtf?  He looks like the Seinfeld pirate puffy shirt episode.  That may be the single worst outfit I have ever seen a person wear.  He looks like a clown.

Between AR wearing this kind of stuff, and GR wearing his 'special shoes'?  No wonder they suck.  They have gotten way too big for their britches. 

What in the hell is this? 

ar.png

image.jpeg.2216aa1004ed2924646bc45021135f04.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

I was in the army. I got yelled at all the time, and it didn’t make me cry. If you’re doing fundamentally stupid things at work, your boss may well yell at you, and you’ll fix the stupid things, or you’ll re-train to address the issues. He might speak politely, but he’s the boss. I doubt he will do nothing, and I’m sure he will do what he can to address the issue.
What is shocking isn’t that a guy is slumping; people have bad times, and that’s just being human. But the whole team is playing terrible baseball. No one is dependable. We’ve had terrible baserunning, defense, ABs, all up and down the lineup, and for a long time. That’s not a slump, it’s a problem.

And this isn’t a “hot take,” but a reasonable reaction to what’s going on.

I'm a police officer, and I will not let my bosses yell at me, he will express his concerns respectfully or he will get it back every bit as good as he gives it and he can put me up if he wants. I don't cry, but I'm not submissive and I'm not going let another man disrespect me, it's fine that you let people yell at you and don't cry. I give it back when it's deserved.

15 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

2005 all over again, we will finish about 80-82 and miss the playoffs. 

Dunno about 2005, but 2013 is seeming more and more possible by the day.

@Malike you are suggesting that whatever is happening to cause this prolonged period of bad play, it’s either beyond Hyde’s control, or he is adequately addressing it, and either way, he doesn’t deserve any flack for it. Because it is the entire team, and not just one player, and for several weeks and not just a few games,  I disagree. 
I have never guessed at what Hyde is doing or not doing, and no one outside the clubhouse knows. But it is obvious that its not working.

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

@Malike you are suggesting that whatever is happening to cause this prolonged period of bad play, it’s either beyond Hyde’s control, or he is adequately addressing it, and either way, he doesn’t deserve any flack for it. Because it is the entire team, and not just one player, and for several weeks and not just a few games,  I disagree. 
I have never guessed at what Hyde is doing or not doing, and no one outside the clubhouse knows. But it is obvious that its not working.

Guys stopped hitting. There is nothing the manager or hitting coaches can do to fix that. If guys are pressing they need to figure it out, giving them chai tea and calling in a Guru to lead them on a guided meditation is likely not going to work. This is a really young team, a lot of rookies and our better players are in their 2nd and 3rd years. Did we expect no growing pains?

Every team that is leading their divisions has been playing badly lately, it happens, often for prolonged stretches, do I believe they will come out of this? Yes, I do. Do I think that Hyde or any person has the ability to scream, or will them to snap out of it? No, I absolutely don't.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'll reserve judgment until Tuesday evening.

I don't have any idea what to expect by the deadline.  I was surprised that Hays got traded. The team is pressing,  or whatever term we want to use right now. 

1 hour ago, Gurgi said:

A famous outfielder that never quite made it to MLB.  He would run all over the outfield and take the ball from everyone on his team.  He was a ball hog.  He liked Budweiser and smoking and motorcycles and dated hot girls.  But he had to learn to be a good team mate and let other people make catches.  

I thought that was Gary Dell'Abate. 😆

14 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Wait.  Hold on.  Is that a new gf? Because I remember his other one and she didn't look that good.

That being said....what in the F is that outfit he has on?  I mean wtf?  He looks like the Seinfeld pirate puffy shirt episode.  That may be the single worst outfit I have ever seen a person wear.  He looks like a clown.

Between AR wearing this kind of stuff, and GH wearing his 'special shoes'?  No wonder they suck.  They have gotten way too big for their britches. 

What in the hell is this? 

ar.png

This is me purely speculating as I’m not in the O’s clubhouse and it could simply be a very long prolonged slump as Rutschman has gotten into many bad habits as he’s looked to hit for more power, but from my experience working in college sports when you see massive performance drop off from your star players it’s usually 3 things

- Controlling/demanding girlfriend, too many girlfriends in general

- Buying into own hype and loss of hunger that originally fueled them/not training & preparing as they used to in the past

-Family issue(s) or breakup with GF

You watch Gunnar play right now, completely out of sorts.

Think I saw Hays happy once all year where as in 2023 always good mood. Moment he gets to Philly he sounds completely rejuvenated with the media.

The team as a whole massive celebration after Mullins walk off against the yanks but look absolutely miserable right now.

Could be a combination of trade rumors, playing time issues amongst rookies and vets behind scenes, playing poor baseball the last month causing frustration and flowing over, who knows, but something ain’t right and it needs to get addressed immediately.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Have you ever been part of a baseball team (or any team) that plays for 4+ months & 60+ games?  

14 minutes ago, Malike said:

Guys stopped hitting. There is nothing the manager or hitting coaches can do to fix that. If guys are pressing they need to figure it out, giving them chai tea and calling in a Guru to lead them on a guided meditation is likely not going to work. This is a really young team, a lot of rookies and our better players are in their 2nd and 3rd years. Did we expect no growing pains?

Every team that is leading their divisions has been playing badly lately, it happens, often for prolonged stretches, do I believe they will come out of this? Yes, I do. Do I think that Hyde or any person has the ability to scream, or will them to snap out of it? No, I absolutely don't.

It isn't just the hitting.  Which is horrible and as I said you can't rely on the HR all of the time.  That is a team strategy.  

Besides that....The team mentally seems dead. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

3 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

This is me purely speculating as I’m not in the O’s clubhouse and it could simply be a very long prolonged slump as Rutschman has gotten into many bad habits as he’s looked to hit for more power, but from my experience working in college sports when you see massive performance drop off from your star players it’s usually 3 things

- Controlling/demanding girlfriend, too many girlfriends in general

- Buying into own hype and loss of hunger that originally fueled them/not training & preparing as they used to in the past

-Family issue(s) or breakup with GF

You watch Gunnar play right now, completely out of sorts.

Think I saw Hays happy once all year where as in 2023 always good mood. Moment he gets to Philly he sounds completely rejuvenated with the media.

The team as a whole massive celebration after Mullins walk off against the yanks but look absolutely miserable right now.

Could be a combination of trade rumors, playing time issues amongst rookies and vets behind scenes, playing poor baseball the last month causing frustration and flowing over, who knows, but something ain’t right and it needs to get addressed immediately.

Perhaps the best post in this entire thread and I completely agree and have said the same.

I have had all 3 of the issues you listed in my life and none of them worked out well for me. 

Imagine if the Orioles could play defense?  This whole game might have been different. 

I think Gunnar and Adley are the best players but they are young and not bringing anything to the team the last month.  A whole month of suck is going to kill you. 

The odd thing is both GH and AR just do not seem like the guys we have seen lately.  Wearing the special shoes and the super flamboyant outfits.

They seem like flannel shirts and jeans type of guys.   It is very possible that they have let social media and the hype get to them.

Time to get back to their roots and who they really are.