07/29 - vs Toronto - Game 2 of DH

nevadaO

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I forget who asked the trivia question here.  What was the answer to the last starter Elias drafted that pitched for us?

According to an O's podcast, an Elias drafted pitcher (with O-s) has never started a game for the O's, which is hard to believe.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

According to an O's podcast, an Elias drafted pitcher (with O-s) has never started a game for the O's, which is hard to believe.

Don't see why it's hard to believe.   All the highest draft picks every year he has been here have been position players.

That's why I thought it was a trick question and asked about Flaherty.

Edited by SteveA

Just now, SteveA said:

Don't see why it's hard to believe.   All the highest draft picks every year he has been here have been position players.

I'm putting my money on Bright to be the first.  

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

That's why I thought it was a trick question and asked about Flaherty.

You'd think that just by sheer numbers that you'd luck into 1 pitcher thats at least good enough to become part of the Norfolk shuttle, or somehow make 1 appearance.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

He's never drafted a major league pitcher as the Orioles GM. He did draft some major league pitchers as the Scouting Director for the Astros.