Remember-Elias traded Tanner Scott 2 years ago for garbage. Good drafter. Horrible GM when it comes to trades.

5 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Players figure things out later in their career. Melvin Mora was ordinary when he first arrived. He developed into an All Star and very productive player. Jake Arrieta won a freaking Cy Young.  

Hell... Santander was a Rule 5 pick, and he has been fantastic. Players sometime turn into productive players after a team trades them away. 

Felix was given up by Miami we got him for nothing and there are thousands of others.Its an easy game after its over.

5 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I will leave it at this....and I have asked this 5 times now and NONE of you Elias defenders have responded.  Not one.  Do you know why?  Because you can't with any logic. 

If you want to debate my OP?  Fine. Do it with facts.  Not insults.

So was the TS trade a good trade?  If so?  Explain why.  If not?  I completely agree. 

Because either Elias completely missed on assessing his talent?

Or Elias has not hired the proper people to develop pitchers like TS and Miami has.

What say you? 

GMs miss all the time. Did he miss on Cole Sulser? got a comp pick too. Give Miami credit though they do develop a lot of pitching for a last place Team. Of cours when they all get hurt and you cant develop bats, youre in last. We picked up upgrades at the dead line. I like our future more than Miami. Just Curios Did you have Arcangues 1993? I did, I wheeled Bertrando with every horse

On 7/30/2024 at 9:58 PM, accinfo said:

In hindsight, if you knew then what you know today, then it wasn’t a good trade.  However that information wasn’t available when Mike Elias made the trade.  He isn’t a wizard and can look at every ballplayer today and project what they will end up being in 3 or 4 years.  He picked Gunnar Henderson in the second round and a bunch of GM’s had a chance before him.  He has made many more good moves than bad ones.  He has been a great GM who has turned this franchise completely around.  He did it up until this year with some the least amount of resources than most clubs in MLB because of who the owner was.  He put this team in a position to be good for the next foreseeable future.  

False. Mike Elias is a Wizard.