Remember-Elias traded Tanner Scott 2 years ago for garbage. Good drafter. Horrible GM when it comes to trades.

10 minutes ago, Br10n said:

Apparently, Tanner Scott will define the Elias time in Baltimore.  Forget the turnaround….its all Tanner, all the time.  

Yup.  Agree.  I have literally brought this topic up 1000 x the past 2 years.

10/10 insight. 

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, StottyByNature said:

Honestly, what do you mean by "get away with"?  Should he be fired?  Pilloried?  Drawn and quartered?  To what end?  

If Elias was constantly getting rid of guys who turned into All-Stars, then sure I would have a problem with it.  Instead, I have seen a guy who has taken a moribund franchise that seemed to be always behind the times to one that is perceived as among the best in the MLB both in terms of identifying and developing talent.  

This one didn't work out, but I'd argue it was more of a case of an unlikely outcome happening rather than a poor decision in the moment.

I have said at least twice in this thread that Elias should not be fired over this and to think so would be dumb.

Do you read?

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

You seem to have lost control of your narrative. 

The COVID fake year was 2020. The year he was good.

😂 They don't mention 2021 and 2022 years on Tanner Scott's wiki page. That the OP used to pull the other stats. So, those years don't exist to them.

4 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

Okay, now I know you're trolling. No, it was not. I said the next two years, which means 2021 and 2022. Tanner Scott sucked again.

The 20 innings, virtually the only stretch with the Orioles when he was actually good (that you used as the main point in your argument - with the 1.31 ERA) was the "covid fake year.  Which I don't even count" 😂😂😂

I'm embarrassed by and for you.

More gaslighting. 

12 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

It was basically one year.  The covid fake year.  Which I don't even count. 

2020, one of his seasons you keep boasting about, was the covid year. You don’t even know what you’re talking about. 

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I have said at least twice in this thread that Elias should not be fired over this and to think so would be dumb.

Do you read?

Do you?  I didn't ask what should not happen, I asked what you want to happen.  

4 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

This isn’t a serious take. They have three of the top 15 prospects in baseball. They graduated Henderson, Rodriguez, Kjerstad, Cowser, and Westburg, that were top 100 last year. 

Right.  I agree.  And besides SB, CM, and JH?  Then who?  The Os are very very top heavy prospect wise.  Which is great.  Better than most teams.  But there is no second coming after the next top 3 either get promoted or are traded. 

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

More gaslighting. 

No, you used Tanner Scott's 2020 (the covid year) as the main point in your argument on him being a good reliever that was trending upward. Then, YOU stated that "It was basically one year.  The covid fake year.  Which I don't even count."

3 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

😂 They don't mention 2021 and 2022 years on Tanner Scott's wiki page. That the OP used to pull the other stats. So, those years don't exist to them.

In 2019, Scott appeared in 28 games only and posted an ERA of 4.78 in 26+13 innings with 37 strikeouts. In 2020 for the Orioles, Scott pitched to a superb 1.31 ERA to go along with 23 strikeouts in 20+23 innings pitched over 25 games. In 2021, Scott recorded a 5.17 ERA with 70 strikeouts and 37 walks in 54 innings.[14]

Miami Marlins

On April 3, 2022, the Orioles traded Scott and Cole Sulser to the Miami Marlins in exchange for a draft pick in the Competitive Balance Round B of the 2022 MLB draft, two minor league prospects, Antonio Velez and Kevin Guerrero, and a player to be named later.[15][16] (On June 3, Baltimore acquired minor league RHP Yaqui Rivera from Miami as the player to be named later).[17]

On January 13, 2023, Scott agreed to a one-year, $2.825 million contract with the Marlins, avoiding salary arbitration.[18] Scott won the National League Reliever of the Month Award for September/October.[19]

San Diego Padres

On July 30, 2024, the Marlins traded Scott and Bryan Hoeing to the San Diego Padres in exchange for Robby Snelling, Adam Mazur, Jay Beshears, and Graham Pauley.[20]

14 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Great comparison.  Keep white knighting for Elias.  It's cute.

I’m not comparing them, imbecile. You’re the one harping about k/9 as the be all end all, while ignoring the rest of his resume. You’re making a big thing out of averaging more than a K per inning as proof that he wasn’t bad. Fuji did the same thing. 

1 minute ago, StottyByNature said:

Do you?  I didn't ask what should not happen, I asked what you want to happen.  

I literally just said HE SHOULD NOT BE FIRED OVER THIS.  As in that is what I want to have happen.  NOT FIRED. 

Again.....do you read? 

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

In 2019, Scott appeared in 28 games only and posted an ERA of 4.78 in 26+13 innings with 37 strikeouts. In 2020 for the Orioles, Scott pitched to a superb 1.31 ERA to go along with 23 strikeouts in 20+23 innings pitched over 25 games. In 2021, Scott recorded a 5.17 ERA with 70 strikeouts and 37 walks in 54 innings.[14]

Miami Marlins

On April 3, 2022, the Orioles traded Scott and Cole Sulser to the Miami Marlins in exchange for a draft pick in the Competitive Balance Round B of the 2022 MLB draft, two minor league prospects, Antonio Velez and Kevin Guerrero, and a player to be named later.[15][16] (On June 3, Baltimore acquired minor league RHP Yaqui Rivera from Miami as the player to be named later).[17]

On January 13, 2023, Scott agreed to a one-year, $2.825 million contract with the Marlins, avoiding salary arbitration.[18] Scott won the National League Reliever of the Month Award for September/October.[19]

San Diego Padres

On July 30, 2024, the Marlins traded Scott and Bryan Hoeing to the San Diego Padres in exchange for Robby Snelling, Adam Mazur, Jay Beshears, and Graham Pauley.[20]

Exactly, my point is proven. Thank you. The stats from 2021 and 2022 are not in there.