Are We a Better Team Now?

Jagwar

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

Yeah but its WAR. Hes not as good as Grayson. Many will reference other stats like FIP and stuff from his statcast page. Hes definitely better than Irvin or Povich (very low bar ). Saurez to the pen helps there. Wildcard to this (loss of Norby) will how JH plays second time up.

Yea I wasn’t using it as an end all be all just some form of numerical context.

8 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Yea I wasn’t using it as an end all be all just some form of numerical context.

Fair I'm with you I'm fine with the trade, all of them though trying to figure where they get ABs for Jiminez

7 hours ago, StatusDC said:

My thoughts exactly. We could have waited for a better package, either in the off-season or early next year. We could have still made the other trades and hoped Irving and Sanchez could carry the team. It seems like they're concerned about re-signing Burnes and the recovery of other starting pitchers, so they made the best deal they could to try to win it all this year.

Here is a good way to put it.....from yahoo sports.

Besides Eflin, who looks in line to start a playoff game for Baltimore, nobody the Orioles acquired can be considered a sure thing. At this deadline, the O’s acted like a team on the fringes of contention, searching for value and upside under every rock — not a division leader tied for MLB’s third-best record with a real chance at a World Series title. Sure, prices were high, and GM Mike Elias didn’t want to overpay. But in the Rogers deal, the O’s parted with two well-regarded prospects in Connor Norby and Kyle Stowers to acquire a pitcher who needs some tweaks to become an impact arm. It was a passive way to spend those bullets, especially for a team in such desperate need of another impact relief arm.

• Upvote 1