Westburg Fractured Right Hand

RVAOsFan

24 minutes ago, jcarm said:

The competitive balance pick the Orioles get next year will be after the 2nd round. The may get another supplemental first if Cowser wins ROY.

And potentially qualifying offers for Burnes and/or Santander if they leave. 

On 8/5/2024 at 10:16 PM, Cuellar35 said:

This off-season will provide great insight into how much Rubenstein is invested in this club.  I am still hopeful he will do his best to keep at least one of Burnes and Tony Taters.  Show us you are ready to play with the big boys Rubenstein.

I'm not saying letting both walk is a complete failure, but it will certainly be disappointing. Both are going to command top dollar this winter. 

So that’s potentially four additional picks: the regular pick plus ROY, and two QO picks.

Can all three of those picks be traded? If so that would be very strong trade capital for a rebuilding team that needs multiple choices. 

The A’s, who need solid prospects for ‘26-27, come to mind, and not just them.

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

So that’s potentially four additional picks: the regular pick plus ROY, and two QO picks.

Can all three of those picks be traded? If so that would be very strong trade capital for a rebuilding team that needs multiple choices. 

The A’s, who need solid prospects for ‘26-27, come to mind, and not just them.

What can the A’s give us via trade in the offseason (especially if we lose Burnes)?

Consider Felix Bautista will be back next year so there will be no need for Mason Miller.

17 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

What can the A’s give us via trade in the offseason (especially if we lose Burnes)?

Consider Felix Bautista will be back next year so there will be no need for Mason Miller.

I was indeed specifically thinking of Miller, because Kimbrel will be gone, Bautista won’t necessarily return to his former glory(remember all the guys who have come back from this surgery lately who almost immediately have more surgery) and having two lights out guys would bump our less dependable guys down in the pecking order and allow us to put the weakest guys in AAA.

And the A’s wouldn’t be the only team who would welcome draft picks as trade payment. I just mentioned them as benefiting the most, and having the most obvious asset that we would want.

But your comment doesn’t answer my question. Our own draft picks are not tradable, but all the others are, correct?

Edited by HowAboutThat

19 minutes ago, Spakman said:

I thought this was a Westburg thread. Hoping there was some type of update. All I see is two people arguing about things that have nothing to do with the opening post.

The talk diverged into draft chat. It happens on occasion, especially with long threads. And it was maybe four comments, starting with my query about which picks could be traded. No need to get your britches in a bunch.

Edited by HowAboutThat

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Yes, if there’s one thing we’ve learned this year it’s that you don’t need bullpen depth. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2024 at 11:12 PM, Moose Milligan said:

That sounds terrible and pretty scary. Glad to hear you had a quick recovery. 

Thanks Moose; just had my last chiro visit today and headed to the Yard later then Tokyo next week so very grateful.

Regarding Westburg, anyone know if Elias said anything new about his recovery during the season ticket event?

• Thanks 1

Jordan Westburg isn't Mookie Betts, and neither are their injuries, but if they happen to be ballpark similar, Mookie's absence was 8 weeks.

8 weeks for Westburg would be about 9/25 on that season ending Yankees Twins roadtrip.

He can at least watch a bunch of Jhoan Duran and Gerrit Cole off the Trajekt pitching machine.

2 hours ago, KojiSplit said:

Thanks Moose; just had my last chiro visit today and headed to the Yard later then Tokyo next week so very grateful.

Regarding Westburg, anyone know if Elias said anything new about his recovery during the season ticket event?

I thought @SteveA spoke to this and said he was expected to return this year...