I want to say this about Coby Mayo (All Inclusive)

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Weird that photo must be from Spring Training.

I'm not sure he's ever worn a #16 jersey so there are probably no photos of him in that number.  Could have photoshopped I guess LOL

They probably just wanted him to play back to back games at 3rd.  He hasn’t done that in awhile as he has played 1st some lately and they have had some rainouts and short games.  Plus Rogers is ground ball pitcher while Kremer is fly ball guy.

• Upvote 1

Ya know in looking at Mayo's body structure, I can see why he has had a more difficult time than others in acclimating to third base.

He is a BIG guy.  6' 5".  Probably 230 to 240?  Only 22 years of age.  He isn't a 5'10" quick sparkplug kind of guy.

He is just growing into himself.  I think back to that time of my life and of other athletes I know who were that big and most were kind of gangly, not fully coordinated yet.   To be that young and that big and to play an infield position at a pro level that is not first base?  That can't be an easy thing to do.

I think in a year or 2, at whatever position he ends up staying at, he will be much more comfortable with his body and what it can and cannot do. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Westburg is on the DL and won't be back for at least six weeks.  He doesn't figure into the conversation right now, in terms of getting Mayo at bats. 

I'm aware of that and was addressing the situation for when Westburg returns.  If you go back and read my original post on page 9 I was responding to a poster who said he thought Mayo was here to stay.  I don't think that's certain.

Regardless, I'm excited to watch him play.

3 hours ago, The Goob said:

I don't disagree with you that he could at first because I think 2B-SS-3B are set with Jackson-Gunnar-Westy but I think at least one of Mountcastle or O'Hearn are still here next year.  I think O'Hearn is vastly underrated and should be on the 2025 team.  He has very good at bats and hits the ball hard.

I like O’Hearn and it will be interesting to see if he wants to stay. That said, I’m on the dont overpay good but not great players.