Way to go, Elias...

Motorhead

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Listen I like Jazz as a player, I think he's an exciting guy to watch, I've even had him alerted in my MLB app for the last couple of seasons.  I just don't think he was ever on the O's radar, and there are plenty of reasons why that would have been the case.  My issue is with criticizing Elias for not getting a player that didn't fill a need as clearly as the players he got do.  You and others may not love all the names we got for the pitching staff, but they are clear upgrades in a clear area of need.  An area of need much greater than who plays LF against left handed pitching.  There's been a ton of roster turnover in the past few days; there was no reason to have even more.

Thats Fair, my original post was to youres. What have they missed on? I agreed with you, I said nothing other than that Jazz guy from Miami. and we disagree on that Theres no Burn there

2 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

What sexy move was even available to them?  There’s an article on MLB Trade Rumours that the Tigers never seriously considered trading Skubal. Crochet was always a non starter because of the innings issue even before his public statement tanked his value. There was never a single rumor about Mason Miller. The Yankees balked at Flaherty’s medicals before the Dodgers pulled the trigger. Eflin might have been the best P traded. Scott went for a ridiculous cost. 

Who did they miss out on?

I’m speaking for the critics, not myself. 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’m disappointed that someone who is using one of my favorite bands (shut up @Can_of_corn) name as their user handle would write such an awful post. 

Lemmy would be ashamed. 

This whole thread is Overkill if you ask me.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why do all the hot take people never use paragraphs? Man, I’m 40. 2-3 sentences max per paragraph. This crap hurts my eyes. Thanks. Asking for a friend….

At least he used capital letters and punctuation.

Rogers was a huge whiff to me, but mainly because I think they could have and should have easily picked up Fedde instead. I guess if he was the only option and you're desperate, maybe you can make an argument he's better than Irvin, Povich, but it's a tougher argument if he's better than Suarez. Remember, Suarez was solid for about the same amount of time that Rogers was. So it looks like we're riding a small sample size and overpaying based on it since Rogers was good for 2 months...but all the advanced metrics say this most likely won't stay the case. 

All the other trades I'm mostly happy with.

36 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Rogers was a huge whiff to me, but mainly because I think they could have and should have easily picked up Fedde instead.

Not sure this is true. White Sox had a better opportunity from the Twins. Minnesota was willing to trade Luke Keaschall. Chicago didn't want to trade Fedde within the division. So they shipped him to the NL.

The O's aren't in the same division, but if the White Sox are that petty, they're probably not the easiest trading partner.

Edited by dzorange

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

Rogers was a huge whiff to me, but mainly because I think they could have and should have easily picked up Fedde instead

Not saying I disagree with you, but it's worth noting that Fedde's first start for St Louis this afternoon isn't any better than Rogers' first start for Baltimore last night (and Rogers was facing a first place team, while Fedde is facing a last place team).

One start doesn't mean much for either pitcher in the long term... but since a lot of this discussion was spawned by Rogers' first start being bad, I think it's worth mentioning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

Rogers was a huge whiff to me, but mainly because I think they could have and should have easily picked up Fedde instead. I guess if he was the only option and you're desperate, maybe you can make an argument he's better than Irvin, Povich, but it's a tougher argument if he's better than Suarez. Remember, Suarez was solid for about the same amount of time that Rogers was. So it looks like we're riding a small sample size and overpaying based on it since Rogers was good for 2 months...but all the advanced metrics say this most likely won't stay the case. 

All the other trades I'm mostly happy with.

Fedde impressed today against the Cubbies.