8/2 @ Cleveland - COBY MAYO DAYO

elextrano8

Just now, justD said:

Have you been watching the game?

Yes. A bloop hit scores 2 and flips the game. A new guy is wild his first game. 

This isn’t like the malaise we saw right before the break. They have had patient at bats and nothing to show for it. BS calls on K’s. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, survivedc said:

That’s not good, but it’s also a little disingenuous to use “backups” as a pejorative when it comes to catchers. Plenty of back ups catchers are better defenders than the starter.

I understand but you simply cannot be a 1-1 pick and be rated lower than almost all the catchers in baseball.

8 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Horrible framer. That’s why I think he DHs so much. I don’t think pitchers like throwing to him. 

I think he has gotten lazy.  Or bored. Or tired.  Or something.  Whatever it is....he sawks right now.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Mountcastle cut off Cedrics throw -- as he should have because the guy from 3rd was clearly going to score.   They got the guy between 1st and 2nd in a rundown and somehow the guy deked his way around Holliday to get back to first and then Holliday gunned a throw home to try to get the next guy at the plate and he was just safe.   Basically Holliday screwed up.

A rookie integration tax cliche as trite as Povich yielding a Vladdy HR after walking a couple terrible MLB hitters.

Of course at MLB game speed Holliday was going to mess that up.

The investment is still worth making.

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Yeah Jackson at the age of 20 is absolutely horrible on defense.  He can get lots better.  Ripken was horrible with the errors his first couple years.  But dealing with it from ALL the rookies is frustrating.  None of our kids is any good at defense. 

I think Cowser has made great strides defensively this year.