8/06 @ Toronto (Cito still sucks)

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

He couldn’t pull Urias. Has no other infielders. Mayo was coming in regardless. So do you hit him for Cowser or not? Slater replaced Cowser. 

Sure he could have pulled Urias.  He had Mayo who he used the next batter for Cowser.  Hitting Mayo for Urias would have made more sense than pulling Cowser for him.  It's not so much that he let Urias hit, as much as the moves he DID make.  I'd have rather seen Holliday and Cowser hitting and then hitting for Urias instead of the other way around.  Unless we have a 9th inning miracle, tonight is on Hyde and his stupid management decisions and being a slave to the lefty righty matchups, even when the numbers say otherwise.  

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

I understand the point you’re making, but the other point is valid. And the other point is that since coming here he has been literally 100% useless.
And it is stupid with a capital S to put him into a high leverage situation, up one to nothing, with one single hit in six innings, against a guy who is having a career day, and expect success.

It is not logical. It is not reasonable. It is not intelligent. and it’s not “hindsight is 2020,” either.

It was absolutely correct to expect exactly what happened to happen.

Soto may be splendid, but he hasn’t been and when you’ve had two dreadful outings, no one should expect you to suddenly be different.

It’s logical in your mind to ignore someone’s career and only concern yourself over 2 games?

9 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

He is horrible and not ready.

Period.

Horrible?? Dude what is with your takes? Hope this turns out about as well as your Holliday predictions 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

I get it just fine. I said it was idiotic to take Holliday out. The whole sequencing was profoundly stupid.

The thing that ticked me off about that is, Holiday has been our hottest hitter. And then you don't let him bat? Not good for the kids  psyche. If I was Holliday, I'd be pissed.

• Upvote 1

Something is up with Hyde.   Maybe his contract is up after the season.  Who knows it's not like the Os ever make this info public.   But now convinced he is gone after this year unless this team wins the WS. 

Just now, forphase1 said:

Sure he could have pulled Urias.  He had Mayo who he used the next batter for Cowser.  Hitting Mayo for Urias would have made more sense than pulling Cowser for him.  It's not so much that he let Urias hit, as much as the moves he DID make.  I'd have rather seen Holliday and Cowser hitting and then hitting for Urias instead of the other way around.  Unless we have a 9th inning miracle, tonight is on Hyde and his stupid management decisions and being a slave to the lefty righty matchups, even when the numbers say otherwise.  

Who in the hell plays the other infield spot? 

1 minute ago, FloridaBirdFan said:

Please someone explain why you would sub Cowser, the hottest hitter right now, with a kid who has yet to have his first MLB hit?

i assume it was from cowser shaking his arm possibly hurt - but if you know that's coming you save slater for that and leave holliday (hotter than cowser) in. holliday is smoking the ball you have to leave him in. 

Hyde deserves heat for his decisions tonight but that AB by Urias was absolutely atrocious. Cabrera K’s 6.75/9 IP against RHB’s and pretty much threw 3 identical pitches by him. All he has to do is put a ball in play. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

He had a choice to hit for Holiday or not. It worked. 

That meant he couldn’t hit for Urias and Mayo had to come in. So does he hit for Cowser with Mayo or not? He decided he liked the matchup. Didn’t work. 

Then it's an even worse decision to pinch hit for Holliday.    

Just now, Pat Kelly said:

Something is up with Hyde.   Maybe his contract is up after the season.  Who knows it's not like the Os ever make this info public.   But now convinced he is gone after this year unless this team wins the WS. 

We're not winning anything if Hyde keeps over managing like this.