Breaking News

Peace21

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the test. I don't think you can just assume that McPhail does not need Angelos approval. They may call it something else but if he has to inform him of what is happening, it amounts to the same thing.

With two draft choices the FO is dealing with Boras. Angelos will want to know what is going down before it happens. Boras will fight to the last minute.

The F. Cabrera crunch is probably not on Angelos side but rather that McPhail has some involvement at the same time he is overseeing the Boras talks. How far away from any of these talks do you think McPhail is? This is the first big crunch. How much leeway does he give Jordan or Flanagan or Duke?

I'd say it is a pretty good test.

This is the test. I don't think you can just assume that McPhail does not need Angelos approval. They may call it something else but if he has to inform him of what is happening, it amounts to the same thing.

With two draft choices the FO is dealing with Boras. Angelos will want to know what is going down before it happens. Boras will fight to the last minute.

The F. Cabrera crunch is probably not on Angelos side but rather that McPhail has some involvement at the same time he is overseeing the Boras talks. How far away from any of these talks do you think McPhail is? This is the first big crunch. How much leeway does he give Jordan or Flanagan or Duke?

I'd say it is a pretty good test.

If the Orioles are doing the right thing then MacPhail would have a budget from Angelos and have the discretion to make whatever moves he sees fit w/in that budget. If MacPhail has true control he should only need to consult Angelos if he has to go over budget for a move.

If the Orioles are doing the right thing then MacPhail would have a budget from Angelos and have the discretion to make whatever moves he sees fit w/in that budget. If MacPhail has true control he should only need to consult Angelos if he has to go over budget for a move.

I doubt there is a set budget. And if there is one they are probably already over it. Attendance is down. Revenues may not be making plan.

Angelos does not want to see in the paper that Boras took his team. He wants to judge for himself before it happens what the deal is. I think he trusts McPhail more than Flanagan because of McPhail's experience, but I still think Angelos has to know what is going down before it happens.

I doubt there is a set budget. And if there is one they are probably already over it. Attendance is down. Revenues may not be making plan.

Angelos does not want to see in the paper that Boras took his team. He wants to judge for himself before it happens what the deal is. I think he trusts McPhail more than Flanagan because of McPhail's experience, but I still think Angelos has to know what is going down before it happens.

If that's the case then it shouldn't be said that MacPhail has complete control of baseball operations. You can't have complete control if you have to run everything by the owner before making a move.

If that's the case then it shouldn't be said that MacPhail has complete control of baseball operations. You can't have complete control if you have to run everything by the owner before making a move.

I thought we were talking about Angelos. The Angelos that we all have known for over a decade.

I've been trying to explain this to people for 2 months. If PA has any more control than what you just outlined, than nothing has changed from the pre-MacPhail hierarchy.

Just to add something, my guy reps F-Cab and said MacPhail has called and asked about Cabrera sevreal times in the last week. Just thought i throw that out there.

They really need to get this done even if they have to overpay. He has huge upside!

Archived